What's new

Road Trip Today - same route, horrible results!!!

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow CRHers,

Well, I went on an 'official' full day road trip again today, taking the same route I took in September where I scored [14] 40%ers and [12] 90%ers. This time I found a few more banks to stop at but unfortunately, I heard more "we gave them away last week" and "we have 6 or 7 people ask for them every day" or "we never get them in" comments than ever before!!! :(

At any rate, 175 miles, 6 gallons of gas and 6 hours on the road produced one the dirtiest 40%ers I have ever found in my life and a 2000S clad proof out of about $500 found and searched. :dontknow: I was very frustrated with my results but as you all know the hunt is always fun. I have a feeling I won't be doing any 'official' road trips again for a very long time. Interestingly enough, this past weekend I found [3] 40%ers at my dump banks from teller trays, maybe I will only ask for halves when I am dumping from now on. :tongue3: Yeah right, I'll be hunting again next week!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Not a good day $$ but remember this is just a hobby. Looks like you spent about $18.00 on fuel for the day's entertainment. What else could you have done all day and only spent $18.00 having fun. I know it's much more fun finding silver but it is called "the hunt". We all have those kind of days but the way I look at it, you're now just one day closer to that "big hit" Hang in there and Merry Christmas. HH

FL Junkman
 
Road trips are a total gamble in my opinion.. a lot of gas and time used. I do realize that customer rolls are better than bank boxes. I'm starting to ask for any halves more now when I dump dimes or zincolns. I don't like to dump halves and then ask for halves. The tellers probably don't like that. I dumped today $7 in zincolns (not much I know) and asked for halves to replace the keepers I pulled from boxes and ones I had to use so I have full boxes when I dump. I usually ask for rolls of halves that they have. The teller said she had one dollar of halves meaning two. I thought what the heck, ok I'll take it. Need them to replace the ones I took out of bank rolls. Anyhow, I was suprised that one of them was a 1968-D. This is at a bank where one guy mentioned that he knew about silver so I thought this teller knew too. I guess not. Probably not all tellers know about the 40%ers. The coin did have a dirty cheek so she probably didn't think it was too special. This goes to show that you never know unless you ask. I'm only going to do this when I dump zincolns and dimes.
 
Change it up some, go a different route and try some new towns. At least you didn't get skunked! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom