What's new

Robinsons Extra Button

Tred

Greenie
Joined
Feb 26, 2009
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Found this button last weekend. It says "Robinsons Extra" on the back. From what I can find on the net they were made pre-civil war. Anybody know where I can find more info about this button?
 

Attachments

  • ButtonFront.webp
    ButtonFront.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 302
  • ButtonBack.webp
    ButtonBack.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 299
Great picture. What is the diameter?
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to TreasureNet! Tice's lists this backmark as being from 1834-1840's.
 
Upvote 0
Anytime you find a button with gold gilding, don't toothbrush it--it appears that you may have already. I'd imagine that it'd still be a beauty with aluminum jelly to remove the crust and brighten up the gold gilding.

Here's a link for you. Information about gilded buttons is part of the way down the page. More examples are posted in the replies.


http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,165857.0.html



Regards,



Buckleboy
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom