What's new

Rock carving treasure map

Brown owl

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2025
Messages
42
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Found what I would like to believe is a treasure map. Using a stick, I cleared away the green moss off rock face. My buddies claim I have a wild imagination and that it's just natural erosion. Can anyone shed more light
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20251005_135258.webp
    IMG_20251005_135258.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 203
Upvote 4
What makes you think it's a treasure map (as opposed to just weathering or maybe a crude carving of some kind)?
 
What makes you think it's a treasure map (as opposed to just weathering or maybe a crude carving of some kind)?
The area in which it is found has a story of hidden treasure connected to it. A further give away are the numerous holes been dug not far off from sign. Nothing close as yet.
 
I see what you mean Brown Owl, it definitely has an unusual look to it. :icon_scratch:
But I can also see where water, sand and hard pebbles have likely eroded the stone face over thousands of years.
Dave
 
I see what you mean Brown Owl, it definitely has an unusual look to it. :icon_scratch:
But I can also see where water, sand and hard pebbles have likely eroded the stone face over thousands of years.
Dave
Thank you for your observations. Yes, signs of natural erosion definitely appear. The rock is huge and, with the exception of trees, exposed to the skies. The hand of nature can be very creative but....I feel the hand of man is also at play here.
 
Very interesting !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom