What's new

Rock found in South Africa

vtk

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 21, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This item was found on the surface amid many, many other rocks. This one happened to have the center exposed. I have not, nor would I know how to test it. I've had it for 20 yrs. and the curiosity got the best of me. Thanks for your help and feel free to forward any questions.
Vic
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1032.webp
    IMG_1032.webp
    824.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1038.webp
    IMG_1038.webp
    578.6 KB · Views: 112
Congrats, and welcome! Sure looks natural and way cool to me! Best wishes!
 
Upvote 0
looks like its giving birth to another rock
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet
 
Upvote 0
Interesting find, Welcome to TNet!!!
 
Upvote 0
To me it looks like a heavier sandstone sunk in some mud and the mud hardened into rock around it over many thousands of years or more, then the whole piece was likely broken out by a geological event and weathered once exposed.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom