What's new

rock or broken axe??

ncnurseryman

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
803
Reaction score
443
Golden Thread
0
Location
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at the same site I found the hammer stone. I think maybe just an odd rock but could it be a broken axe???
 
Upvote 0
I hit send without the pics.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131231_165140.webp
    ForumRunner_20131231_165140.webp
    62 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20131231_165224.webp
    ForumRunner_20131231_165224.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 80
Paul, I don't think that's any thing. Let's see what the others say. If you aren't satisfied with the outcome, I can check it out in person for you. I'm pretty good with axe heads from our area. Hey, at least you got out today! Better than I did!
 
I just couldn't resist putting it in my pocket. Ha. I brought home lots of rocks today. I guess I need to start a rock garden. Its funny, I found the hammer stone and some chips in that field but no finished tools yet. Oh well.
 
Rusty, didn't you find an arrow shaft tool of some sort recently? Did it look anything like this? My guess is this is another addition to my rock collection.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20131231_172426.webp
    ForumRunner_20131231_172426.webp
    64.9 KB · Views: 83
  • ForumRunner_20131231_172446.webp
    ForumRunner_20131231_172446.webp
    74.9 KB · Views: 74
JMO I think it could be natural, if not it was a real crude and small. I always say when in the field and in doubt bring it home, so you can check it out.
 
Thanks for checking it out. I figured they are both rocks but got some good exercise at least.
 
Rusty, didn't you find an arrow shaft tool of some sort recently? Did it look anything like this? My guess is this is another addition to my rock collection.
paul, the piece that you think may be an abrader could be. The pics make it really hard to say with 100% certainty. I can see the potential that you see. Hold on to this one. I'll check it out in hand. I only have a couple of abraders that I personally found. Signs of use and wear is what must stand out on abraders. I see potential, you are learning what to look for I see. I would not doubt that you have an abrader here, pics just can't show us what you see. Good eye.
 
yeah natural the material doesnt look strong enough for any use. looks like sandstone.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom