Rodezvous 2020

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Cuzimloony: Feel free to show. Camping is allowed. No fire rings are allowed this year. Only a fire in the big remade. If you do not want to camp there are places to stay in Apache Junction. Bring your own food and water as there is none at the Dons Camp. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i want so much to be there this year but my brother is dying and his daughter has been trying to keep him at home as long as she could . tomorrow i have to go and make some hard choices ...... like i said i wish i could be out in the supers right now . i know no other place on Earth i would rather be .may god bless you all and keep you safe as you search for the answers to your dreams ... ...stay safe stay free

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the trails open or closed due to covid19?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had planned to, but a 14 day quarantine would make the trip far too costly this year.
Will miss seeing all of you !

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm not going to make it either wayne...maybe next year

I'll be looking forward to that. Might make a run down next spring as well....if everything opens back up by then.

rk85044

Aug 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just for this year... could not someone there
live stream a segment ot talk or featured speake
with their phone?

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Cuzimloony: Feel free to show. Camping is allowed. No fire rings are allowed this year. Only a fire in the big remade. If you do not want to camp there are places to stay in Apache Junction. Bring your own food and water as there is none at the Dons Camp. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Thanks for putting this on Greg. It was an absolute pleasure and just an all around great time. Having Rick (man i sure hope I am remembering his name right because he was a gem of a person) take us around to Bob Wards cabin, Burns Ranch and showing us some Jesuit marked cactuses was priceless. Crawling in Tom Kollenborn's old mine was cool too. Salvador showing us the old Spanish mission and giving us the alien stories was fun. Looking through all the old pictures of previous dutch hunters was eye-opening. One gentleman came up from Kansas and brought so many old pictures of how the mountains and landmarks used to look and I absolutely loved looking at them. Going out md'ing with a few of the guys, who may want to remain anonymous so I won't mention their names, was another highlight and even finding a few flakes of gold while doing a bit of panning with an old timer. The icing on the cake?? Jack San Felice signing my book for me. I can't wait to attend next year and I had an absolute blast this year... For me, a priceless learning experience.

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope some comments are deleted by the Moderators. Some people just can't stand to not preach to the un-washed.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe some more of those lucky folks that were able to attend Rendezvous 2020 can share a bit about their experience?
Idahodutch

Ps: sorry I even took the bait to begin with.

Last edited:

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe some more of those lucky folks that were able to attend Rendezvous 2020 can share a bit about their experience?
Idahodutch

Ps: sorry I even took the bait to begin with.

I'm not sure who all was there, but I asked Thomas Glover if he could post the presentation he prepared for the rendezvous on one of the forums. He said he would work on it. (He normally posts on the other channel). Maybe we can get some others to post some as well.

My understanding is that he presented (or prepared to?) some of the work Jerry Hamrick did (and Thomas followed up on) that detailed some of the evidence that Waltz might've been repeatedly claim-jumped on his claims in the Bradshaws. He discussed that in his latest book, not sure if he has any additional info or not.

EDIT: Also, Dr. Glover said he's working on another presentation for next year's rendezvous, so it looks like he's planning on making it again next year.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deducer, next political post will earn you a timeout. All members in thread, politics does not belong in this thread, we have a politics forum for that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure who all was there, but I asked Thomas Glover if he could post the presentation he prepared for the rendezvous on one of the forums. He said he would work on it. (He normally posts on the other channel). Maybe we can get some others to post some as well.

My understanding is that he presented (or prepared to?) some of the work Jerry Hamrick did (and Thomas followed up on) that detailed some of the evidence that Waltz might've been repeatedly claim-jumped on his claims in the Bradshaws. He discussed that in his latest book, not sure if he has any additional info or not.

EDIT: Also, Dr. Glover said he's working on another presentation for next year's rendezvous, so it looks like he's planning on making it again next year.

Morning Jim,
I wanted to say thanks for posting that update on Dr. Glover.
The time you’ve put out for everybody’s benefit, and not only you, but many others that work together so that this thing called Rendezvous happens.
I have yet to attend, but am glad that it is even happening.
I’m really hoping to make the next one.

So, thank you,
Sincerely, Idahodutch

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning Idaho,

I appreciate the thanks but I've never been able to make it to a rendezvous, much less help out with one. So I'll join you in thanking Greg, Frank, Wayne, and all the folks that put it together and those who volunteer their time for presentations and field trips. Hope to make it to one someday...maybe I'll see you there! Take care, Jim

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning Idaho,

I appreciate the thanks but I've never been able to make it to a rendezvous, much less help out with one. So I'll join you in thanking Greg, Frank, Wayne, and all the folks that put it together and those who volunteer their time for presentations and field trips. Hope to make it to one someday...maybe I'll see you there! Take care, Jim

Thanks Jim, That would be good. Here’s to Someday :occasion14:
Russ

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK everyone. This thread is for the 2020 Rendezvous and nothing else. If you want to discuss something else, then establish another thread. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread