What's new

Roll hunting 600 miles from home

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Visiting relatives in Tennessee, I found a few banks in the area. Tellers were very friendly, and I found that even in this small town I was always a few steps behind another CRH'er. One branch asked how many halves i wanted to buy. I asked "how many do you have?"
Head teller asks, "do you have an account here?"
Rats. Did manage a small score, 4 - 90%, 2 - 40%, out of 3 rolls and some loose, not bad for half an hour of hunting a long way from home.

Good luck all, AMC
 
Upvote 0
Easy silver!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Better some silva than none!

Grats on your score and good luck with the rest of the hunting while away!

~Dave
 
excellent score when you consider you ended up with 1.74 ounces of silver out of 3+ rolls!!!

you da man! :wav:
 
where were you in TN?? i was there with my uncle and he got me hooked on crh
 
I did a bit of hunting over Christmas around Maryville near Knoxville. Sorry if I sniped ya, but I only found 1 40% in a day of searching.
 
Hellsbells and I were crhing in and around Bristol, Kingsport and Church Hill. Didn't find a whole lot I think between the two of us we ended up with 19 40%ers after hitting about 15-20 banks and going through about $1000 in halves. Most of the banks had very little in the way of halves and a few of the tellers told me they have another hunter that comes by. One teller had a couple of silver coins but wouldn't let me have them.
 
when the tellers ask me "do you have an account?" i reply with a big smile "sure do" they never look it up. or at least they have not yet..
 
hellsbells said:
where were you in TN?? i was there with my uncle and he got me hooked on crh
I was visiting Martin, TN. I'm not used to the prim and proper ways of folks down south, and also the thick accent is like music to the ears of a northern yank....the tellers call to each other as "miss" and "mr"...cracks me up, as I'm just not used to that.....AMC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom