Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to dig a signal this morning that I had detected last week but did not have time to dig. It covered alot of ground and was deep so I had a friend come along to help dig the grand riches. The area we were in is very historic( Wolfstein Germany) .There are two castles and roman history also. We walked 15 minutes up the side of a mountian till we got to the spot. Both of us dug for about 5 minutes and found a big drain pipe. I was a bit disappointed but it was worth a shot. We started detecting the mountian side .After about two hours I got an iffy signal and dug a roman coin(I hope). I am still on cloud nine!! :) I also found what was left of a military folding shovel but I do not know if it is German military or not. There was a German anti aircraft group there during the war. Man ,this place is full of history.The moutian side about killed us but it was worth it! I have about 9 months left before I have to come back to the states so finding this coin was a real nice surprise. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• Apr09$01roman.jpg
    Apr09$01roman.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Apr09$03WW2coins.jpg
    Apr09$03WW2coins.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 383
  • Apr09$05shovel.jpg
    Apr09$05shovel.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 372
  • aprilwolfsteinfinds.jpg
    aprilwolfsteinfinds.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: roman coin!

Muddyhandz,you may be right,I have soaking right now but it looks like it may say victoria but not sure. I have found pretty much the same rider on horse back on different roman coins but the coin is still in need of a lot of soaking. The word on the front kinda looks like it has an X in it but it is hard to read. I do not know what an early or mid 1800s English coin would be doing here but anything is possable. I looked in my coin book and could not find it. O well .You win some ,You lose some.I WILL KEEP RESURCHING.Thanks for the post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions