ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for another day off, as in 'work':thumbsup:
The rain was forecast for lunchtime, so I got up early & managed 3 hours 15 minutes before it hit. I returned to a field that I wanted to finish off after I found an extention to the known area. It was extremely sticky clay but at least there was no crop to mess up.
(on my own):

Plenty of Roman Pot Shards
14 Roman Coins
Georgian horse brass 'H'
Mystery Saxon punched disc:icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    229.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 2
Someday, I'm going to make my way across the pond and find a Roman coin or two. Great work! Always a pleasure to see your posts.

Great stuff. Do you think you'll hear more in terms of an ID on the punched disc?

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Last edited:
More fantastic finds. Congrats!

Interesting Saxon disc and coins ! :icon_thumright:

Nice assortment of cool finds, and the Saxon disc is unique. I Like the Romans too. Looks like a few have some good detail.

Nice bunch of interesting finds as usual Crusader. Are the pot shards all eye-ball finds or is there enough mineral content in the clay mix or glaze to give a signal? I've never had a pot shard sound off but I've never hunted over Roman pottery !

Nice bunch of interesting finds as usual Crusader. Are the pot shards all eye-ball finds or is there enough mineral content in the clay mix or glaze to give a signal? I've never had a pot shard sound off but I've never hunted over Roman pottery !

These are all eyes only (I don't normally picture them), & I collect them from every site as part of the evidence/picture of that site. They are sorted & kept field by field.
I have heard of some pottery sounding of, but I've yet to get any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back