What's new

🥇 BANNER <<<ROMAN WILVER>>>Happy dance day!

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent 1.5 hours finishing the area between the roman site & where I left off yesterday. No more roman coins in that area.

When I got back to my bike I had a spare 10 minutes so wandered a little & found:

RARE - Silver Denarius of Galba AD68-69.

I told Kirtpa less than a week ago this was my next project :D

Gold in 5 years remember - working on it

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 

Attachments

  • Map.webp
    Map.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 4,838
  • head.webp
    head.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 4,178
  • Tails.webp
    Tails.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 4,093
Re: ROMAN WILVER

Since you already made the A.D. 68 dudes proud, go and make the 68 B.C. dudes proud. ;)
 
Re: ROMAN WILVER

Congrats on the old silver, very nice! HH, Mike
 
Re: ROMAN WILVER

Crusader, you have done it again ;D that is a great looking coin that is full of wonderful history.
I would be on my bed now dreaming about who lost the coin? what did he or she look like? Was it a rich or poor person? Well you know what I mean..... Each find tells a story ::)

God bless
Peter
 
Re: ROMAN WILVER

Wow, what a beatiful treasure, congrats on the great find my friend. Keep em coming. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Re: ROMAN WILVER

Nice one Crusader! - party at your place when you find that Roman gold ;D
 
Re: ROMAN WILVER

Below is all I had until I got back to my bike.

I thought I will just try along the edge for a few minutes as I needed to be back in time for Mum's Birthday meal. First signal was strong & being close to the gateway I thought it was a piece of broken can. So very surprised to see a Roman Silver. I did a Rex Hunt kiss but never put it back :-*

Its our 4th Roman silver this year which is already a record & we are only halfway through the year 8)

I'm waiting for Gunner's thoughts as its not in my Sears book & I believe it to be a Very Rare Variant. :o
 

Attachments

  • bits.webp
    bits.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 3,906
I happy for you, bud! Wilver is always nice, especially Roman wilver. Now, go get that goooold.
 
Impressive!! Just a couple extra minutes, not even the place you cleaned out. Congrats on swinging on your last few minutes and being rewarded!! Sweet!!
 
awesome find ! i'd say a Banner day for you Crusader congrats ;D
 
Thanks everyone. I will be doing the area by the coin & up the hill tomorrow. Bank Holiday monday ;D
 
See? Are you not glad the Romans invaded Britain?
Romanwilver.webp
Congratulations!



Ridley
 
Man....how fortunate you are to live in an area once occupied by the mighty Roman Empire!

I have always had a thing for Ancient Rome...one of these days I need to get me some Roman coins.

Many congrats on the finds! Keep kicking *ss in the UK!!!
;D
 
A Galba Denarius is worth big $$$,I collect Roman coins and wish I could afford one.Most hearty congratulations.
 
Holy smokes!!! Your finds are so old, I think the dinosaurs were still roaming the earth. ;D Another fascinating find Crusader.
A BIG congrats to you Sir.
-MM-
 
Congratulations finding that VERY NICE Roman coin. I'm still drooling over that one!

DANGLANGLEY
 
This is an OUTSTANDING recovery, and I think it is worthy of the banner!!!
​

kudos.webp​



Cheers!

-Buckleboy
 

Attachments

  • kudos.webp
    kudos.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 3,461
Very,very nice!! A roman silver was on my wish list when I was overseas but I never found one. I am jealous! Congrats and keep em coming. :)
 
Awesome find! I can't wait for the day I am lucky enough to hunt your part of the world!
Baggins
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom