Roosevelt inlet shipwreck

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While on vacation in Lewes I decided to visit the famous bay beach where the ship sank. Found a lot of cool pottery pieces from the late 1700?s. I also tried out the metal detector yet again but the detecting bug hasn?t hit me the same as fossil hunting and artifacts has. I?m at a loss. On the one hand, I would love to get some more coins for my collection, but on the other hand, I don?t know what I?m doing and I don?t even know if I have the right detector. It?s always a little frustrating when a new hobby isn?t coming as natural as everything else normally has. If anyone has tips on what I can do, any would be also helpful. Especially around the DC area, because I?m like a North Korean rocket with metal detecting, I just shoot off and land another couple miles off the coast not having a specific target.

image.jpg image.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul on the ceramics. Coins there are extremely hard to find. I have found one 18th century coin, the rest just more ceramics and modern stuff. I haven't been this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread