Rope Ring VDI?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I hunted for a lost gold ladies ring for someone a couple years ago. I asked for a similar gold ring, but only got a solid band, which told my V3i I was looking for a VDI 15.

The lost area was small, yet a utility bldg had been installed there so I couldn't hunt beneath it. End of story, I got good signals in the VDI range of 13-17, and all were depressingly, just can slaw and such.

I am now wondering about that adjective, "rope ring" needed me to lower my expected VDI, to even the single digits.

Does anybody have experience, or actually own a gold rope ring, to VDI? It doesn't have to be a Whites machine VDI number. I can extrapolate.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those rings depend on a bunch of factors but assuming we are talking about a small womens gold rope ring of which I have tested one on the V3i and my current machine the VDi is very low. Going to have to dig everything below 40. I'm not a home at the moment but I seem to remember single digits or very low teens.

I'm curious are you using the jewelry program or mixed mode ( I never could tame the V3i - just to many bells and whistles for me)

I've been on a serious silver coin drought but the rings keep turning up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions