mainejman Bronze Member Joined Sep 2, 2012 Messages 1,046 Reaction score 1,878 Golden Thread 0 Location maine Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 4, 2012 #1 This bird point was found on the shore of sebasticook lake in september of this year. its 7/8th inches long and made of rose quartz, I believe. Attachments ForumRunner_20121204_105001.webp 107.6 KB · Views: 215 Upvote 0
This bird point was found on the shore of sebasticook lake in september of this year. its 7/8th inches long and made of rose quartz, I believe.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 4, 2012 #2 Real nice material. Do you think It could be a tip of a larger point? It looks broken in the photo.
mainejman Bronze Member Joined Sep 2, 2012 Messages 1,046 Reaction score 1,878 Golden Thread 0 Location maine Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 4, 2012 Thread Owner #3 When I first looked at I thought so too.But after looking at it closer I could see that it was worked to a square edge.
When I first looked at I thought so too.But after looking at it closer I could see that it was worked to a square edge.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 4, 2012 #4 Nice. Great find
bsit1361 Bronze Member Joined Feb 23, 2010 Messages 1,492 Reaction score 895 Golden Thread 0 Location md Dec 4, 2012 #5 Looks to be rose quartz. Nice find. There is material that could be close but not in your neck of the woods IMO
Looks to be rose quartz. Nice find. There is material that could be close but not in your neck of the woods IMO
SOHIO Bronze Member Joined Dec 6, 2010 Messages 1,943 Reaction score 248 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: Other Dec 4, 2012 #6 nice one
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 4, 2012 #7 I think micro tools are neat. I would like to find a small point like that. Thanks for the view of it.
I think micro tools are neat. I would like to find a small point like that. Thanks for the view of it.
Tnmountains Super Moderator ⛭ Moderator 🥇 Charter Member Joined Jan 27, 2009 Messages 19,212 Reaction score 12,627 Golden Thread 1 Location South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 4, 2012 #8 I do not think I have seen that much color in quartz before.
wells Hero Member Joined Mar 1, 2008 Messages 683 Reaction score 561 Golden Thread 0 Location Middleburg, Pa. Primary Interest: Other Dec 4, 2012 #9 i too think it may be a tip broke from a larger point and then re worked. It also does not loke like any quartz i've seen, it looks like a very exotic type of chalcedony - just my guess.
i too think it may be a tip broke from a larger point and then re worked. It also does not loke like any quartz i've seen, it looks like a very exotic type of chalcedony - just my guess.
GatorBoy Gold Member Joined May 28, 2012 Messages 14,812 Reaction score 6,156 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 4, 2012 #10 I agree.. I think I might have the base. Kidding.