What's new

round copper ball

capnballguns

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 28, 2009
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / DFX
This is a copper ball 1 1/4 inch in diameter with a brass coating.There are two small indentions where something was atached.!!!! Thanks for the fast and speedy help. You all are great.
 

Attachments

  • 100_0247.webp
    100_0247.webp
    156.3 KB · Views: 343
I don't remember what the proper name for it was, but I use to have a gizmo that sat on the table that had metal spheres suspended by strings. You pulled back the end one and let it smack into the still one setting the balls in a semi "perpetual motion" clacking action. The metal balls were just like the one you describe.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
I don't remember what the proper name for it was, but I use to have a gizmo that sat on the table that had metal spheres suspended by strings. You pulled back the end one and let it smack into the still one setting the balls in a semi "perpetual motion" clacking action. The metal balls were just like the one you describe.
:P

Do you mean a Newtons Cradle :P

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
creskol said:
I don't remember what the proper name for it was, but I use to have a gizmo that sat on the table that had metal spheres suspended by strings. You pulled back the end one and let it smack into the still one setting the balls in a semi "perpetual motion" clacking action. The metal balls were just like the one you describe.
:P

Do you mean a Newtons Cradle :P

SS

Yup .. That would be it .. Darn failing brain .. it's he!! getting old! .. Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Newtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gif‎
 

Attachments

  • Screen shot 2010-09-25 at 1.16.15 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2010-09-25 at 1.16.15 PM.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 291
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom