What's new

Royal Crown

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,837
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was an avid bottle collector in my younger days and an avid letter writer. In the early 80s I wrote to the parent company and expressed my favor of their wonderful product I explained my bottle collection and asked what their older bottles were like. I did not ask for a bottle. I eventually got a nice letter and 2 bottles. I was thrilled. I’d never seen either if them. This is one. I’m l d to believe that Egyptology was huge in the 1930s. Hence the pyramid design.
The bottom is embossed : Duraglas
9 51 2 G286. I’m guessing the bottle was made 16 years after the 1936 copyright
 

Attachments

  • EAF2DFA7-736E-45ED-AD10-28B803FC7CF2.webp
    EAF2DFA7-736E-45ED-AD10-28B803FC7CF2.webp
    718.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 0D3A0A4A-DCC9-4C4E-9CD9-3897C360CDD8.webp
    0D3A0A4A-DCC9-4C4E-9CD9-3897C360CDD8.webp
    650 KB · Views: 73
Nice embossing on that one. I’ve never seen it before and I’m old
 
An RC and a bag of Tom’s peanuts! That brings back memories! How awesome is it that they sent you those bottles? Someone surely went above and beyond when they read your letter. Hard to find that kind of dedication by employees today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom