What's new

RR seal

IronSpike

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2009
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without markings on the lead is there any way to determine which RR used this seal or was it a 'standard' shape/seal?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 074.webp
    Picture 074.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Picture 073.webp
    Picture 073.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 221
IronSpike said:
Without markings on the lead is there any way to determine which RR used this seal or was it a 'standard' shape/seal?

What makes you think RR rather than electric meter seal/bag or other goods seal? Was it found near the RR?
 
Upvote 0
You may be right that it's not RR related and in fact 'just' a lead seal of sorts. Found on old RR track. I'll green check on lead seal. It would make sense that RR seals were marked.
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Looks like your getting close I.S. to the good stuff. It's where I find all my crap ..mike
Do you find good stuff on the rr tracks?
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • lead seals with wire.webp
    lead seals with wire.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 137
  • lead seals with wire.webp
    lead seals with wire.webp
    3.9 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
Cloth seal is very likely as found on a former RR track in city with long textile history.

4-H said:
Looks like your getting close I.S. to the good stuff. It's where I find all my crap ..mike

If I follow the trail too much further I won't be able to continue detecting without further obtained permission as it would be right in middle site of the battle of Guilford Courthouse :wink:

I do agree that former RR tracks can produce high number of targets with good stuff included :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Hey, I've detected near there IS. Keep looking around there. Gain your permission to detect and do some research. Good history around there my friend. Yes, Dale. I find most of my stuff (near) RR tracks. Those RR tracks were used by all walks of life through the years and If you find the right field that buts up to them, you could have a field day. Literally! You know that though. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom