RR Switch Lock in the Woods

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001

Attachments

• Padlock 004.jpg
    Padlock 004.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 944
  • Padlock 001.jpg
    Padlock 001.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 875
  • Padlock 004.jpg
    Padlock 004.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 895
  • Padlock 005.jpg
    Padlock 005.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 901

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You have the basics of a great display. Hit it with a wire brush, give it a coating of rust killing primer and then a coat of flat black. Then mount it on a plack of weathered oak barn board. you would wind up with a fantastic wall display. I did this with an old plow I recovered. It is not sized properly, but you will get the idea. Frank
PS : This one is on black walnut.

Attachments

• plow 700.jpg
    plow 700.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,363
  • plow 700.jpg
    plow 700.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,323
OP
OP
cyberborikua

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001
Frankn said:
You have the basics of a great display. Hit it with a wire brush, give it a coating of rust killing primer and then a coat of flat black. Then mount it on a plack of weathered oak barn board. you would wind up with a fantastic wall display. I did this with an old plow I recovered. It is not sized properly, but you will get the idea. Frank
PS : This one is on black walnut.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It's funny because I bought a number of used frames to make them look weathered using a paint technique with the purpose of doing what you suggested. I have found a number of iron relics that like the lock need rust removal and anti-rust treatment. My problem with all of those projects is that cleaning rusted iron with electrolysis, naval jelly, and a wire brush, is extremely messy and I don't have a place in the house to work them out. It's a problem for I don't have a garage or a big backyard to setup a shop. Right now is cold outside and it has been raining like crazy in our area. I decided to postpone my projects for next year and build a small enclosure in my backyard for the messy cleaning job. I promise, however, that I'll post my displays as soon as I complete my projects. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread