"Rt. 7" Construction project

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
"Rt. 7" Construction project

I live in PA., but am a CT. native, and frequent CT. often to visit friends and family.
On my last few trips there, I've noticed the MAJOR road widening project taking place on Rt. 7 between Norwalk and Danbury. This goes through the towns of Wilton, Branchville, Georgetown, Ridgefield, etc. This is one one the oldest roads in the area, and is littered with 1700's houses.
Is anyone detecting these areas? Is it legal?
I regretted not taking a detector with me the last time I was there.
Anyone know anything about this?

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Rt. 7" Construction project

I haven't been down that way in a while, but I did hear some talk about it. Your correct in saying the place is rich in history, it could be a gold mine in the waiting but there has been so much development over the years on each side of rt 7 I wouldn't know where to go.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.

I have seen this project in my travels.seen what looks like the original road winding in and out the present road in some spots.too bad I do not have time to detect in my travels. :(

cole2357

Jun 30, 2008

I'm going to go scope it put tomorrow, will post what I find.

Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Any update on RT 7 ? any luck
I noticed the work this past summer BUT it looks like where the heavy work is going on, would be the place to scan but you would also get alot of construction crap!!!
doesnt look like there ismuch arounf the outskirts?
just my 2 cents

OP
OP
The Buzzard King

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X

I was through there over the Thanksgiving holiday. Drove from Norwalk to Danbury.
It looks like they're kind of wrapping up the project now. I noticed a few areas off to the sides where the crews are storing dirtpiles, etc. But for some reason, I don't think they'd give permission to search.
I'm sure if you asked the crews, they'd look at you like you were from Mars.
And that road is SO HEAVILY traveled, that there's no way you could stay out of view from the thousands of cars driving by. And it's so weird and uppity there now, SOMEONE'S gonna cause you some grief.
The Wilton police have ALWAYS been notorious for pulling people over.
Even as a kid growing up in the 70's and 80's, we knew to watch our a$$es when driving through Wilton.
I've hit some unposted wooded sites off of Rt.7 before, but didn't find much more than Wheats, a Buffalo, an Injun or 2, and maybe a Merc. But nothing seriously old, like I'd expect from the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread