Russian River, Mendocino County panning

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
Mcordell
Ive talked to a lot of people and have not heard of much, if any, gold found in the Russian river. Kudos to you!
Steve

GiGs707

Apr 18, 2014
Santa Rosa, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going out tomorrow to a spot on the Russian River that my buddy has found plenty of gold. We will be out there all day. PM me and we can compare notes.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yup gold em ther russain river, over by the rock house, work your back side off, but ther be gold

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Darn I knew there there was gold in that river. Never go on vacation without your prospecting gear!

cwwj123

Feb 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know this is an old post however I'll be in Ukiah for our honeymoon and was wondering where I may pan? I'm used to finding really small fly poop here in MN and WI so if it's small I don't mind. I'm just bringing my 14 in whites gold pan and a snuffer/vial. Wondering where any public areas are that it's ok to pan in near Ukiah/Russian River?

phoenixrose

May 25, 2015
Coastal Mountain Region, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Mcordell, We have been reading about instances of it being found in the Russian River but have yet to pan there. After the spring rains we will try looking in the streams that feed the river. Any tips you have would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
there are a couple bluffs on the 253 between ukiah and booneville that made my head turn. also on skaggs above lake sonoma. but so far from any concentration of gold I doubt there is much of anything there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread