Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been here about a week. Spending every day looking at the distant claims and helping the locals keep theirs.

Things are starting to happen around here. Very rich Californians settling out here but they are quickly realizing this ain’t California. For most they are very ignorant of the high desert/basin living. Many have millions to spend looking for gold.

I am making friends with a couple from California who are leaving the Bay Area. They want to mine gold. Have no idea where to begin but they already have very nice equipment.

You are my friends here. I am giving a heads-up about something big that is happening. People leaving California and a gold rush is beginning especially say $3000 an oz. For a start lol. The California Trail is reversing. Never thought I would see that.

Major problem: Water. Trust me. This ain’t California with billions invested in diversion. We have the small but tough-as-nails Humboldt River. All that water is spoken for. We fortunately have rights to some of it. Water is great for desert mining lol.

Lots of million-dollar opportunities out here. I’m not here for the fast cash. Am here to live as close to the ways of the 1800’s and to find gold the old-fashioned way. The $$$ comes when deserved.

Chuck

Upvote 0

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are two types of California refugees;

Those looking for the freedom, liberty and opportunity that California USED to have and......

Those arrogant aloof people who backed extreme, lofty twisted ideals that have destroyed and broke our great state. Now like like a bunch of rats on a sinking ship, they're trying to jump off.

My hope is Northern Nevada gets the better of the lot.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I'm really surprised it took the good people of California this long to leave ! The city dweller's in almost every state are trying to leave for the quiet rural areas now and then all that will be the high rent district and the average joe will be forced to move back to the "sweet city life" of murder's , theft's , and riots ! I really think this will eventually lead to a civil war (rich vs.. poor) and at that point gold will hit $3000. or better and food cost's will go through the roof and MOST people wont be able to afford food or home's or anything ! That's when it'll get REAL UGLY !!!:BangHead:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bend, Oregon is being overrun with Kalifornicators. In the 70's there was the first great migration...that's why Oregon is so liberal on the West side of the Cascades.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Rail Dawg

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You guys are nailing it down hard!

We know what is going on.

Chuck

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was eastbound diving along the great road coming up to Mill City. I was given a sign that day. I believe it meant something, but what I don't know? ... I tell ya, I drove with the window down that day, as the Nevada desert sure did smell sweet with a little a little rain added to it.

Attachments

• trip 092019 2 (1).jpg
    trip 092019 2 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two types of California refugees;

Those looking for the freedom, liberty and opportunity that California USED to have and......

Those arrogant aloof people who backed extreme, lofty twisted ideals that have destroyed and broke our great state. Now like like a bunch of rats on a sinking ship, they're trying to jump off.

My hope is Northern Nevada gets the better of the lot.

refugees and carriers of the CA disorder are the 2 types.....

How bad is the smoke or is not getting that far?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been here about a week. Spending every day looking at the distant claims and helping the locals keep theirs.

Things are starting to happen around here. Very rich Californians settling out here but they are quickly realizing this ain’t California. For most they are very ignorant of the high desert/basin living. Many have millions to spend looking for gold.

I am making friends with a couple from California who are leaving the Bay Area. They want to mine gold. Have no idea where to begin but they already have very nice equipment.

You are my friends here. I am giving a heads-up about something big that is happening. People leaving California and a gold rush is beginning especially say $3000 an oz. For a start lol. The California Trail is reversing. Never thought I would see that.

Major problem: Water. Trust me. This ain’t California with billions invested in diversion. We have the small but tough-as-nails Humboldt River. All that water is spoken for. We fortunately have rights to some of it. Water is great for desert mining lol.

Lots of million-dollar opportunities out here. I’m not here for the fast cash. Am here to live as close to the ways of the 1800’s and to find gold the old-fashioned way. The $$$ comes when deserved.

Chuck
was really hoping to meet up with you this trip Chuck.

But, now my girls are in school and I'm the marm. Since they have the schools closed.

Plus everytime I turn around something is catching on fire. Closest one has been two miles from me... now the Fork Fire is less than thirty miles to my East.

Makes it pretty difficult to travel far from home. let alone Rye Patch.

Frustrating.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread