Ryobi Cordless Leaf Blower

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info! I have been very unimpressed with the ryobi stuff I’ve come across. I picked up a small ryobi hand held grass / bush sheer last year. What a pile of worthless cheese bladed garbage. It went back within 24 hours.

I find it hard to believe you’ll find a batter powered blower that’s much good for very long.

You could check to see if a standard AC blower will work from a 12v lead acid battery. Many small tools and such use universal motors. In other words they can operate on Ac or DC power.

I have a 20.00 black and decker I use in my shop to blow out the mess. It’s an animal.
I have Ryobi cement mixer over 1000, 90lb bags of spec mix mortar run through, it's still going strong.
Watch now that Im bragging it gonna break down.
Gt...

OP
OP
D

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also like Ryobi, and that was why I tried it. Unfortunately, no matter how fast the fan blade spun, the fact is that a small fan like it has, just cannot move enough air for a mid-sized and larger drywasher. It is probably fine with the tiny drywashers.

I have a 120 volt leaf blower that has a larger fan, and I cannot use it above the lowest setting, without blowing everything off the drywasher. It works very well at the low setting, actually better than my gas powered blower.

I'm hoping that some company eventually contracts one of the leaf blower manufacturers to design a battery powered leaf blower that can actually work with a mid and large sized drywasher. Here in California, the greenies have almost gotten all gas powered anything banned. It's very difficult to find a two or four stroke leaf blower that aren't banned in this state.

Last edited:

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I also like Ryobi, and that was why I tried it. Unfortunately, no matter how fast the fan blade spun, the fact is that a small fan like it has, just cannot move enough air for a mid-sized and larger drywasher. It is probably fine with the tiny drywashers.

I have a 120 volt leaf blower that has a larger fan, and I cannot use it above the lowest setting, without blowing everything off the drywasher. It works very well at the low setting, actually better than my gas powered blower.

I'm hoping that some company eventually contracts one of the leaf blower manufacturers to design a battery powered leaf blower that can actually work with a mid and large sized drywasher. Here in California, the greenies have almost gotten all gas powered anything banned. It's very difficult to find a two or four stroke leaf blower that aren't banned in this state.

I use to be against using battery tools, after toten cords on the end of my equipment most of my life , I cut the cord, can't beat the new battery op stuff in my book ..
I also use a hand crank dry washer...

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the "E GO" brand of battery blower and it is great. I also have two commercial Stihl blowers but they are back packs and my old bones have a big opposition to the weight on my back. I have an extra battery and I have not came across a situation where I have had to change batteries yet.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anyone make there own battery packs out there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread