"S" shaft or straight ?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the handle location is one
balance most be the other

liftloop

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some guys get paid LOTS of money to figure those things out. I have noticed, though, that "s" for land and "straight" for water. But I must say that I have not spent too much time or money figuring it out. TTC

OP
OP
yelnif

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey liftloop, "handle location"- can you explain? thanks, yelnif.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering why some people switch out their factory "S" shaft for a straight shaft? Does this help the balance or what? Thanks. HH. yelnif

Balance, with straight shaft you can balance the weight and take 75% of the weight off your forearm and put it behind your elbow, makes hunting for hours so more enjoyable...

You can slide the handle to any position you want...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Balance, that is the primary reason, and by moving the weight either below or behind the elbow that weight is hardly noticeable. Another advantage for water hunters is that by relocating the weight either below or above the elbow you also reduce a great deal of drag and stress on the wrist and forearm. Like TH said, it's the difference between being able to swing all day without creating too much fatigue.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the s handle is the handle

OP
OP
yelnif

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure_Hunter, bigscoop, and liftloop- I appreciate the replies. HH yelnif

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I thought this once before and came to the conclusion that it is a matter of being able to view your indicator panel by putting it in your line of sight. The S shaft moves the panel up into your field of vision. In the old days, the chest mount panels had straight shafts. Frank...

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
My self i don't like the straight shaft's.... i like to see the knobs on my detector when hunting....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread