Sacremento trip

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
My wife and I flew out Friday afternoon to fly down to Sacremento to visit her father in the hospital after a stroke and kidney failure. Things seem to be going okay and while we are here for three day we are staying at his place. The house was built in the 40s and my wives parents bought it in the mid 50s. Steve was nice enough to let me borrow his M6 as I just sold mine for help pay for a new F75.

Got up at 6:00 this morning and couldn't wait to start swinging. Got to hunt about an hour before we had to leave for the hospital and visit with family members. Pulled out a 1945Swheat on my first dig. Then I got a pulltab hit at 6". With the wheat being at 2" I figured it couldnt be a PT. At about 6" I popped out a California chaffeurs badge. I did nick the top a little but it turned out really nice. after that popped out 2 more wheats, 51D anda 45S. Got home about 6:00 and gave me a couple hours more. So far I have 7 wheats but no Silver. Hopefully tomorrow will get me a couple of silver coins. Can't download pictures here so will post a picture of the find when I get back Monday afternoon.

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Sorry to hear about your Father-in-law, hope all goes well...
Love those old badges, look forward to the pics...
Also, sounds like some good potiental for some silver.
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread