What's new

SAFTEY!!! PLEASE READ!

Eyoung1088

Greenie
Joined
May 31, 2017
Messages
13
Reaction score
44
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was attacked by a pit bull while detecting, I wasn't hurt I was able to defend myself with my shovel. But things could've gone the other way. PLEASE be aware of your surroundings!!!
 
metal_detector.gif
Great reminder - thank goodness you are ok.
 
There's a reason my .38 special snubbie goes everywhere with me.
 
Just curious, did you even see the owner?
 
No. Think the owners have the invisible fence and the batteries must have died
 
I'd be happy with a shovel in that case too. I would'nt know what to do to defend myself and not hurt the dog too much. I guess in these cases, instinct switches on.
 
i was attacked by 3 pit bulls and my pit Gringo protected me fight 2.webp
 
Just used the shovel to keep it far enough away that it couldn't lunge and get me, walked backwards to my house to get in.
 
Better have bought him the biggest steak you could find. Poor guy, pits are one of my favorite breeds
 
I've been asked why I sharpen my Lesche....
 
Thanks for answering Eyoung. Man, Gringo is one tough dog, WTG! I only carry a Gardena digger, but it's always well sharpened too...
 
Glad you are safe.As much as we love our animals sometimes situations are beyond our control and we do as we must.
 
Glad to hear you are okay, but if that happened to me and the dog drew blood, I wouldn't hesitate in getting the dog put down.
 
I sharpen mine, but the ones with the teeth can cut through boots if you're not careful...
I use my George leche shovel and just using them keeps them lethal.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom