Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Logan's Run; Welcome to Treasure Net !!
I suggest you contact Kathy White for the attrition of your print then let us know.

• Kathy White, Deputy Director / Director of Marketing for the Dali Museum.
    [email protected]
    Voice: 727.623.4702
    Fax: 727.894.6068
    Mailing address: One Dali Blvd, St. Petersburg, FL 33701

Don.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much for your time and the link you provided. I have been searching all the Dali websites and could never find a picture of this piece.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Don for the welcome and the information. I have contacted the Dali Museum and they are working on finding the info for me. I will post the information as soon as I receive it. Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0

ipsilateral

Jan 5, 2005
MoCo
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a limited edition lithograph by Dali. I think it is from the Don Quixote series. Probably worth $500-$2000. Good find. I have a Dali lithograph also.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ipsilateral for the information. I am hoping the Dali Museum can tell me the name of the piece. Is your Dali lithograph on a different type of paper? The one I have appears to be some sort of fabric, almost like the little scented things you put in the clothes dryer. Thanks again for your help.

Upvote 0

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Can't tell you the name of the printing. Can definately tell you it is a reproduction. The company, International Galleries Group, Inc. sold nothing but reproductions from 2003 to 2006 when they went bankrupt and auctioned off their holdings.

They specialized mainly in giclee printing, which is type of specialty inkjet printing on canvas or similar materials.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your post Allen. I know the piece was purchased in the 1980s and is authentic, also the company you mentioned is different from the company sticker on the back of my piece. One is Galleries and the one on mine is Gallery.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a limited edition lithograph by Dali. I think it is from the Don Quixote series. Probably worth $500-$2000. Good find. I have a Dali lithograph also.

That is Don Quixote standing in the center with helmet, shield, and lance.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LogansRun

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Brady, other than the gallery sticker that is in one of the pictures. I did not want to tear off the paper backing for fear it might decrease the value of the painting. Thanks

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread