san antonio places?

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Hi, try looking at a county history book it is packed with Clues to old spots to hunt also whatever old maps you can find. Of course there are obvious places also churches old buildings street and sidwalk digs etc

C

Coincollector22

Id try to get permission to search some of the missions in the area, im sure theres plenty of treasure there

Texas Coin Hunter

Aug 24, 2007
Kenedy, Tx.
Detector(s) used
BH land star & Pioneer EX made by BH & Whites Bullseye ll Pin Pointer
Hi Young One:

Here is a list of hunting sites while might give you some ideas of where too Hunt.

Old Schools City Parks
City/Fair Parks Old Churches
Old Homesites Picnic Areas
Swimming Areas Ahtletic Fields
Rodeo Arenas Campgrounds
Ghost Towns Beaches
Roadside Parks Sidewalk Grassy Areas
Rural Mailbox Reunion Areas
Revival Sites Old Fort Sites
Fishing Spots Old Barns
Flea Markets Roadside Fruit Stands
Old Drive Ins Old Motels Sites
Town Squares Rural Danceing Sites
Historical Markers Old Gas Stations & Gen. Stores
Playgrounds Clothes Lines
Old Houses & Stuctures G. I. Form Hall
Veterans Post

and the list goes on, since there are so many hunting places to hunt at but do research 1st and pick out the oldest places by date, then find out who owns them and contact these people or Associations and get a signed PERMISSION SLIP aurthorizeing you to hunt on that property.

Sincerely
~Dave~ <Tnet> Texas Coin Hunter

Jan 25, 2006
some of city can be hunted but need permit check with city san antonio area metal detector club meets every 2nd thursday at lions feild @ 2809 broadway all welcome ;D

coolbeans

Apr 11, 2007
san antonio texas
Detector(s) used
whites...dfx- D2- sunray..dx-1 whites...beach hunter id 300 garrett..ace..250 bullseye..II
i didnt know that there was a club in s.a. i will plan to be at the next meeting! thanks for posting!

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Young one, you may want to go to the public library and check out the historical section. They have old news papers and surveys. I am in Indiana and use the Lake County library for information. Hope that helps and welcome to TNET.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions