What's new

Sandman gets Brand new AT PRO free.

Sandman

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
13,408
Reaction score
3,997
Golden Thread
0
Location
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doctor Detroit bought me a new AT Pro during her travels and gave it to me yesterday. It is way different than the other one I have and this one locks on the ID numbers and don't dance around like the other one. I won't sell the first one as I don't want to pass on trouble to someone else so I'll probably keep it for parts. Doctor Detroit said she has been doing well and showed me pics of her travels. So now I think I have one that I will have confidence with. :thumbsup:
 
Hope it works out for you. Call Garrett and discuss your old one with them, maybe they'll fix it up correctly.
 
Couldn't happen to a better hunter...Congrats my friend.... :icon_thumright:
 
Glad to hear that Sandman............ I had mine back to Garrett 3 times and still do not have faith in it.........It is a little disappointment to me and i hardly use it.. after being a garrett user since the 1980's.......
 
gleaner1 said:
They sure will fix it...for free. It's under warranty.
There fix on some of the first ones made do not seem to work out good....... And you sort of get upset that every time you send it back you have to shell out $15.00.......
 
Good to hear about your 2nd AT Pro Sandman, but for those sent back 2 or 3 times & it still isn't right, I've heard of Garrett taking the detector back & sending a new one. I wonder what/who determines if they do this? I'm sure Garrett must feel bad for those still not fixed properly, and would not require people to keep a detector (under warranty) that does not work right. Best wishes, George (MN)
 
When I sent mine back the factory said they would fix it and send me a gift for my troubles. I said that I would not accept a repaired unit, I would only accept a factory sealed brand spanking new unit, and that I did not want a gift, just keep that. The factory did triple back flips and said "Yes Sir! We are going to do that for you. No problem, we want 100% of our customers to be 100% satisfied".

I'm one of the many 100% satisfied Garrett customers, that's fo sho.
 
Garrett did the best with the service and replaced the original I had. But I still have no confidence in that replacement. Maybe the brand new one will work better. I would be all jacked outta shape but I have other water detectors but none have screens. I got in the bad habit of looking at the screen before using the scoop. I may just need to use it more as it is a versatile unit and not for diving. I have enough of those.
 
gleaner1 said:
When I sent mine back the factory said they would fix it and send me a gift for my troubles. I said that I would not accept a repaired unit, I would only accept a factory sealed brand spanking new unit, and that I did not want a gift, just keep that. The factory did triple back flips and said "Yes Sir! We are going to do that for you. No problem, we want 100% of our customers to be 100% satisfied".

I'm one of the many 100% satisfied Garrett customers, that's fo sho.
Well could be i will ask for a trade ... Will not hurt to try......I even had the upgrade on mine and still don't trust it.....
 
Keep us informed as to the newer machines performance, would like to know your take on it.
 
Ok...??? Who is Dr. Detroit? Am I missing something :icon_scratch:
 
Congrats Sandman. Our AT Pro has worked great so far. HH
 
John-Edmonton said:
Ok...??? Who is Dr. Detroit? Am I missing something :icon_scratch:
Doctor Detroit is a female Indian Jones type and is a real doctor. She lived with me for awhile and I taught her and her class metal detecting and the use of the Excal. She's back in the US and setting up practice again. Classie lady and missing the shopping gene most women have. So I never had to sit in fabric shops.
 
Sandman,
You got to be one (talented of course) lucky fellow to have friends like this! Just thought I (as many other wannabes, lurkers) enjoy reading all your posts and advice! Thanks
 
The woman that had the user name, Doctor Detroit must not be a member here anymore since I couldn't find her in the membership. Maybe she hasn't posted in awhile. She really got ticked off at me once when I told her that if there was ever a woman I wanted to take deer hunting she would be it. She could drag out the deer with me over her shoulder. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, but I meant it as a complament.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom