California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Didn't even know they were there until I was looking at the property pictures at a later date. So I guess that answered the question, they/it was stealth.
Thanks.
Always an accidental encounter.
In this case, they stood out like a sore thumb...! :icon_thumright:
:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I still think that i will show it to somebody that is good at figuring stuff out like this.
The photo was taken probably less than 200 ft from the quarry edge.
0BC3E915-C62C-4537-ACFA-1CE35AE45DD1.jpeg

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Somethimes

You are welcome, pepper. Those folks seem silly sometimes but they have made it their life calling so they will give you the best shot in my humble opinion.
There's nothing silly about it, as they way I look at it there seems to be more unexplained than explained.
Now do want to start a UFO sighting thread?
See how many will say they have seen something sometime in their lives hat isn't really explainable.
I can count 4 incidents with the immediate family.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's nothing silly about it, as they way I look at it there seems to be more unexplained than explained.
Now do want to start a UFO sighting thread?
See how many will say they have seen something sometime in their lives hat isn't really explainable.
I can count 4 incidents with the immediate family.
Start the UFO thread. I have something to add there from Utah two years ago.

tbos

May 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This subject came up in another thread while talking about detecting. I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone had any encounters or had anything to say about the subject.

There was a young man that worked for me back in 90s at an ethanol facility. He had been a high school baseball coach down in southern Florida before coming to work for me. He swore he and a friend were out in a boat in the Swamp near dark and heard something moving along the edge of the swamp/water and smelled the most awful order. He said he could make out a bit of the silhouette of something big walking on two legs. He said he had never been so scared. He was froze and could not move till it passed. He never went back there again. I do not know what he saw but I believe he saw something. He called it a Skunk Ape. He was a very nice, level headed young man.

Crashbandicoot told me about the stories of the Boggy Creek Legend near him. There are many stories out there. If you have one share with us. You will be listened to with an open mind.
Had an encounter about 6 years ago hunting in a remote area of the Sierra Nevada mountains called Monache Meadows. I woke up to the sound of coyotes in a total panic, sounded like
one was getting torn to pieces. Seconds later there was total silence, then I heard what sounded like a gorilla making long, drawn out whooping noises in series of three. Very loud and very deep in sound; whatever it was it was huge. This went on for about 5 minutes, seemed like an hour. I know those mountains well. I know the animals in those mountains and the sounds they make. I have packed across the Sierras solo multiple times and have gone on countless solo hunts in the backcountry for many days. I have never seen a track or a Bigfoot. But, that night changed things for me. That was unlike anything I ever imagined hearing back there.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an encounter about 6 years ago hunting in a remote area of the Sierra Nevada mountains called Monache Meadows. I woke up to the sound of coyotes in a total panic, sounded like
one was getting torn to pieces. Seconds later there was total silence, then I heard what sounded like a gorilla making long, drawn out whooping noises in series of three. Very loud and very deep in sound; whatever it was it was huge. This went on for about 5 minutes, seemed like an hour. I know those mountains well. I know the animals in those mountains and the sounds they make. I have packed across the Sierras solo multiple times and have gone on countless solo hunts in the backcountry for many days. I have never seen a track or a Bigfoot. But, that night changed things for me. That was unlike anything I ever imagined hearing back there.
Great story and had to get your adrenaline flowing. So, from your story, I assume it was night. What time of day and what year was it please? If you do not mind telling. Thanks a ton for sharing.

tbos

May 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and had to get your adrenaline flowing. So, from your story, I assume it was night. What time of day and what year was it please? If you do not mind telling. Thanks a ton for sharing.
I would say spring 2015 or 2016. Took place at about 1:00am. I did some research about sightings out there, turns out there are many.
There is a very interesting sighting, maybe in the 90s, don’t exactly recall the year. There was a work crew of about 7 people from the forestry department (in Monache meadows) assembling a bridge that was built in large sections and being air airlifted in. The bridge was being place over the east fork of the upper Kern river where the PCT crossed. In the middle of the day, on a treeless mountain slope about few hundred yards away, was a black object that stood out. As they were all looking at it, all of a sudden it stood up on 2 legs (very tall and big) and proceeded to walk up the mountain-side, away from them. They all watched it disappear over the top. You should be able to find that story.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say spring 2015 or 2016. Took place at about 1:00am. I did some research about sightings out there, turns out there are many.
There is a very interesting sighting, maybe in the 90s, don’t exactly recall the year. There was a work crew of about 7 people from the forestry department (in Monache meadows) assembling a bridge that was built in large sections and being air airlifted in. The bridge was being place over the east fork of the upper Kern river where the PCT crossed. In the middle of the day, on a treeless mountain slope about few hundred yards away, was a black object that stood out. As they were all looking at it, all of a sudden it stood up on 2 legs (very tall and big) and proceeded to walk up the mountain-side, away from them. They all watched it disappear over the top. You should be able to find that story.
Thanks tbos. I will look it up.

tbos

May 20, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tbos. I will look it up.
No problem. Minus the knocking noise, this was pretty much identical to what I heard. Click on the “1975 Whooping Sounds” recording.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. Minus the knocking noise, this was pretty much identical to what I heard. Click on the “1975 Whooping Sounds” recording.

Thanks for sending I can not find the 1975. See lots of 72 and 74 but no 75. Eerie sounds. That would make you tighten up out in woods and those noises going on.

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another one here in Arkansas is from the Wabbaseka Scatters, also a swamp area.The creature there is called bigfoot too and has been described as around 7 feet tall,manlike in appearance,covered in hair.Also the foul odor,which seems to be a characteristic of bigfoot creatures. Plaster casts of the purported tracks of both creatures have been made and turned over to authorities but no word has ever trickled out as to a possible ID of the tracks. No attack or any aggression has ever been reported with these creatures,most descriptions have been quote "shy and retiring" unquote.
I've spent enough time in the Scatters with enough different people to confidently say that's legend. Hard to believe, I know. It makes for great talk and campfire stories for the out-of-towners visiting. I'm a couple hours from Boggy Creek and have many friends from the area. Never heard any of them confirm it.

Yeah, I'm being "that guy" I suppose. :laughing7:

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've spent enough time in the Scatters with enough different people to confidently say that's legend. Hard to believe, I know. It makes for great talk and campfire stories for the out-of-towners visiting. I'm a couple hours from Boggy Creek and have many friends from the area. Never heard any of them confirm it.

Yeah, I'm being "that guy" I suppose. :laughing7:
There is no problem with you being "that guy". Your comment is appreciated and your opinion is valued. I would find it hard to believe a large hominid would be living in that area, unless my cousin Zeb was visiting.

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is no problem with you being "that guy". Your comment is appreciated and your opinion is valued. I would find it hard to believe a large hominid would be living in that area, unless my cousin Zeb was visiting.
Poor Cousin Zeb! :laughing7:
I do love the stories, though. Kind of like Fox Mulder (random quote) I want to believe!

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor Cousin Zeb! :laughing7:
I do love the stories, though. Kind of like Fox Mulder (random quote) I want to believe!
I liked the X Files. Miss it.
I have never seen a sasquatch either, but I am not going to doubt other folks sightings. Too many folks, too many honest, good folks have seen something. I started to load up at one time and head to the north west coast and see for myself, but life got in the way. I hear there are some pretty weird creatures around Portland and Seattle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread