Sasquatch, Big Foot, Skunk Ape, Boggy Creek Legend

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
What type cat is/was it attacking the sheep?
Hi, I was told a Puma.
I have seen pictures that were just big feral cats. Our feral cats can grow to around 3 times the size of domestic cats. But they still look like domestic but crazy big. I never saw a picture of what did that on that farmers property. But according to the farmer it was Big. I did once see a picture of one from elsewhere and it was undeniably a seriously big unit! Say the size of a very large German Shepherd dog. There are no feral cats here that big. Everything in the picture was a big predator cat. Near our town, ill take a picture of the sign as it is still here on our road sign. There were a number of attacks around 20 yrs ago near here but to be honest none in the times since. A person put a picture, next to the warning signs of a Puma.
Oddly, our road traffic guys here never removed it. Maybe they thought it was funny, but 99.9999% of the time any alteration of signs are removed. This has stayed put.
If there were any still in our area and I was asked, now id say no. Did they once exist id say yes.
Do they still exist in Victoria, id say they could. Its possible.
But I 100% believe they did.
I feel confident saying that.
They may have eventually fell foul to Fox and Wild feral dog baiting in recent years. Those were and still are a problem here.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I was told a Puma.
I have seen pictures that were just big feral cats. Our feral cats can grow to around 3 times the size of domestic cats. But they still look like domestic but crazy big. I never saw a picture of what did that on that farmers property. But according to the farmer it was Big. I did once see a picture of one from elsewhere and it was undeniably a seriously big unit! Say the size of a very large German Shepherd dog. There are no feral cats here that big. Everything in the picture was a big predator cat. Near our town, ill take a picture of the sign as it is still here on our road sign. There were a number of attacks around 20 yrs ago near here but to be honest none in the times since. A person put a picture, next to the warning signs of a Puma.
Oddly, our road traffic guys here never removed it. Maybe they thought it was funny, but 99.9999% of the time any alteration of signs are removed. This has stayed put.
If there were any still in our area and I was asked, now id say no. Did they once exist id say yes.
Do they still exist in Victoria, id say they could. Its possible.
But I 100% believe they did.
I feel confident saying that.
They may have eventually fell foul to Fox and Wild feral dog baiting in recent years. Those were and still are a problem here.
I do believe Mountain Lions/Puma will drag their prey to a cache or safe place. They will not bury but will throw leaves and such up over it. Did you see this at the kill zone?

Thanks for sharing yourstory, chilli.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now this is what we call a knife down south

Attachments

• 2C13BA4B-9E7C-4843-A4BE-9A6D24077ED6.jpeg
    2C13BA4B-9E7C-4843-A4BE-9A6D24077ED6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some things are universal,good one devldog!
I just recently again talked to a lady from Cambodia after hearing a conversation she had with her family member.
I could see the look in her face how she was so so nervous talking about Bigfoot
She called them by a different name but she said that the villagers were not allowed to wonder out in the late evening and these creatures had the ability to appear and disappear
It got to the point where she said you better believe me as she turned

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently again talked to a lady from Cambodia after hearing a conversation she had with her family member.
I could see the look in her face how she was so so nervous talking about Bigfoot
She called them by a different name but she said that the villagers were not allowed to wonder out in the late evening and these creatures had the ability to appear and disappear
Thanks Bill

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story Bill,from a different perspective.Lots of these legends from all around the world.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story Bill,from a different perspective.Lots of these legends from all around the world.
Great Post…and we always hear of animals or others that were thought to be extinct and are not..or just found for the first time.
It’s very possible that the way creatures breed that something like a Bigfoot is out there.I would not rule it out

corij

Dec 21, 2012
felixstowe,Suffolk
Detector(s) used
ace 150
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Back in 2000 i was walking my dog over the former WW2 airfield at Parham . Suddenly up ahead of us in the tufted grass stood up a "little naked pink man",about 18 inches tall of slim build .It immediatley ran away from us along the path ,arms swinging like a jogger and after a few yards darted off to some bushes and with a rustle of the leaves was gone.Me and my dog just stood rooted to the spot.He had no hair and a little domed head,i did not see his face. Roll on to 2016 i was reading online found a feature on a capuchin monkey that as a mascot rode in one of the B17 planes that was parked just about where i saw the "little man" . the crew of that plane were lost in 1944 but no mention of the monkeys fate.Did i see the ghost of that monkey??
media-380433.jpg

Attachments

• media-380368-person-243965.jpg
    media-380368-person-243965.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This subject came up in another thread while talking about detecting. I thought I would start this thread to see if anyone had any encounters or had anything to say about the subject.

There was a young man that worked for me back in 90s at an ethanol facility. He had been a high school baseball coach down in southern Florida before coming to work for me. He swore he and a friend were out in a boat in the Swamp near dark and heard something moving along the edge of the swamp/water and smelled the most awful order. He said he could make out a bit of the silhouette of something big walking on two legs. He said he had never been so scared. He was froze and could not move till it passed. He never went back there again. I do not know what he saw but I believe he saw something. He called it a Skunk Ape. He was a very nice, level headed young man.

Crashbandicoot told me about the stories of the Boggy Creek Legend near him. There are many stories out there. If you have one share with us. You will be listened to with an open mind.
Almost every encounter is accidental, on the human's part....and the number of encounters are in the thousands, so chance of encounter is pretty good.
You have to be in the right place at the right time....or, is that the WRONG place at the Bad time...!
Just keep on the watch, and pay attention to your guts, telling you to LEAVE IMMEDIATELY...!
Remember, if everything around you goes SILENT, that is the clue to leave!
:BangHead:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This photo was taken in Aug.2013 when we're looking for some property to buy.
I didn't realize it was anything (might be nothing still) though I was going through the property details and photos sometimes later and wondered what the dark mass was in the photo.
This the enlarged version
Now there some pretty hairy gals in the rural-and unless some go tramping around with the off spring on the back, I'm going with something else.

C6AC6B5A-82F0-4945-9FA3-49E0576B64F3_1_201_a.jpeg

C6AC6B5A-82F0-4945-9FA3-49E0576B64F3.jpeg

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize it was anything (might be nothing still) though I was going through the property details and photos sometimes later and wondered what the dark mass was in the photo.
Now there some pretty hairy gals in the rural-and unless some go tramping around with the off spring on the back, I'm going with something else.

View attachment 2016204
View attachment 2016206
That’s incredible

View attachment 2016204
View attachment 2016206

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a female with child clinging to right side/shoulder. Clearly see that.
I ve shown it to many, and they concur.
The property had a old quartz mine, just a water filled quarry. Hard to access it on the furthest side.
We were kind of gun shy because of that, and the liability factors.
Cool property though, lots of seclusion going for it.

OP
OP
T

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ve shown it to many, and they concur.
The property had a old quartz mine, just a water filled quarry. Hard to access it on the furthest side.
We were kind of gun shy because of that, and the liability factors.
Cool property though, lots of seclusion going for it.
General area pepper?

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

View attachment 2016204
View attachment 2016206
Looks like a pair of them, one smaller than the other...! Nothing more - aggressive or otherwise during this sighting ?
Good eye!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions