Saturday SUCKED (Red Saved Sunday) and some finds

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chug here this time, Started Saturday with this

IMG_20181103_151629644.jpg Yep picked up my AT PRO And something felt wrong the right side of the coil was drooping down some cussing later Grabbed Reds ace 250 and her with the ace 400 and went hunting when we get there and start hunting red battery then mine on our pin pointers died more cussing luckily I had on in the truck:notworthy: I found a crusty zinc penny Red found a few things I got frustrated with the 250 and called it a Day Now I Know why I Love The DD Coil

Got home and Looked at the Break and Figured out how to fix it

IMG_20181103_155251902.jpg IMG_20181103_174604479.jpg super glued the break then cut a pipe filter into pieces and glued it on the out side and inside for strength 5 layers of glue :laughing7:

this morning went to install the coil and this Happened

IMG_20181104_100331563.jpg yep the retaining bolt broke More Cussing :laughing7: then Red saved the Day I was looking for the keys for the shop to go and find a bolt and Nope, she said why don't you use the bolt from the ace 250 for the Coil NO MORE CUSSING got out for a while between rain down pours And Found this Stuff
IMG_20181104_141249661.jpg IMG_20181104_142101937.jpg this is a cap I know I have seen one before on treasure net

I'm Not worried about the Repair If it fails Some Great people on this Site Suggested this I will order a Few As soon as I find a job

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t.../503283-metal-detector-coil-ear-repair-3.html

HH Al Chug And Red

Upvote 5

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Darn ... I hate it when that happens! Cool cap, though .. Is it a cosmetic case?

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an At Pro from Kellyco used a few years ago Warranty long gone I had that happen to mine Garrett sent me a new coil and didn't even ask for the old one or anything. Ive also had my headphones replaced free and one time my vdi number reading were going crazy sent it in they gave me a new control box free. Garrett has the BEST customer service hands down. Nice finds also

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could probably find some plastic washers to glue to the ear at the hardware store and toilet seat bolts the plastic ones work for the the retaining bolt and nut.Just take in your old one to get the right size.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you found something.... :thumbsup:
your cussing skills must be proficient by now.... :laughing7:

On plastic breaks, I have found a cheap acrylic fingernail kit, will mend those breaks, and you can make plastic stronger than what it originally was. I found mine at Walmart.... the pic said they're at the dollar store, too.
I've had to eventually repair every Ace arm cuff, I've ever had. :BangHead:

kisskit.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Pipe filter....:laughing7:

As back of the boat mentions , a plastic toilet seat bolt can perform. Without interference like a metal bolt.
Now Red , don't go pilfering a bolt off some ones toilet and replacing it with your broken piece!

Stay well you two....:hello:

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pipe filter....:laughing7:

As back of the boat mentions , a plastic toilet seat bolt can perform. Without interference like a metal bolt.
Now Red , don't go pilfering a bolt off some ones toilet and replacing it with your broken piece!

Stay well you two....:hello:

How did you know I was going to do that? :laughing7: I am going to make an emergency pack though to do repairs, and medical things Red :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread