We have a lot of great designs to choose from!
The only thing missing is the metal that they're made from to make them the best.
That metal is titanium.
Stainless is stronger than aluminum... but to make it light, you must use a lighter gauge.
This gives up the added strength for weight.
Aluminum is lighter than stainless in the same volume, but it's not as strong as stainless.
To give it more strength, you have to use a heavier gauge. This gives up the advantage of its light weight.
Titanium doesn't have the same problems. It has the highest strength to weight of any metal.
I guess, "someday" we may see a titanium scoop being sold? But, it won't be cheap!
But, the handle does float upright in seawater!

I've already had several scoop makers talk with me about using titanium...
and the "talk" always ends with "price"!
I only know of two long handle titanium scoops that's been made. And, good Lord willing,
they will be used on the third beach since they were made next month, Amelia Island, Florida. Like before, someone will want to talk and notice my scoop. And I'll see the surprise on their face one more time... "Damn that's light, what is it!?"...
It's 6-4 titanium.