What's new

Scored $3.50 in 40% Halves under the bank managers nose.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
842
Reaction score
353
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to this bank a second time, the first time I stood in line for twenty minutes waiting for someone with a account problem, then when i got up front they had me wait longer for them to find their halves to end up saying they could not get to them. Oh well another day of CRH. The bank was the coolest, it was The Applied Bank and they even had a Cafe inside with free Wi-Fi. So on the second visit, they said they had a few loose halves and 29 Ikes, so I said I want them. The manager looks at each date while the young teller stands by, he tells me anything pre 64 is his. I could hear the silver clanging on the counter, I was in suspense of what would happen. I ended up getting the $ 3.50 in 40% halves. I did not have the heart to tell him they were part silver. He told me someone came in recently with $ 16.00 in pre 64 halves and he got 200 and something dollars for them. He was a nice guy and we talked a few minutes about hobbies. I also got $75.00 in 5 dollar silver certificate notes from my step-son that works at a conveince store. He said $300.00 came in from the bank, by the time I got to his store the next day he only had 75 dollars left. I will post that in paper currency.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8926.webp
    IMG_8926.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
Nice score Dave. I think 40% 'ers are not worth the trouble to the average Joe, once they find out they will only get a buck a piece for 'em. Of course, we know that if you shop around, you can do a lot better than that. Even when I hunted back in the 1970's, I hate to say that I passed them up in favor of the pre-'65's. ffd
 
Good score, Dave. Patience is certainly a virtue. I also have found that being polite to those kind of people/tellers/bank managers etc really pays off in the long run.
rileyboy
 
Too bad all bank employees aren't well informed on silver. Congrats on the 40%ers.
:icon_thumright:
 
I just love it when tellers hand you silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom