What's new

Scottsbluff?? Alberta point??

saskfinder

Greenie
Joined
Aug 12, 2016
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on a valley top in the plains of canada. 120 miles north of Minot ND. Any confirmation on type and era would be appreciated. We generaly dont find anything this old.
 

Attachments

  • 20170930_213519.webp
    20170930_213519.webp
    331.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20170930_213912.webp
    20170930_213912.webp
    250.4 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
Burlington chert? Im not from your area so dont know.
 
Is the stone that color or patinated white?
 
Is the stone that color or patinated white?

Knife River Flint can have patina that looks almost to a blueish white. There are also some chalcedony materials in North Dakota that do the same. I assume it would be similar north of the boarder.

Joshua
 
Yep, I would have to agree with heavily patinated krf for material. And it doesn't look like a Scottsbluff to me either.
 
It certainly could be heavily patinated KRF.

The only thing I question as far as being an Alberta point is the short stem. Generally the stems of Alberta points are longer than Scottsbluff points.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom