What's new

Scraper? Knife? Hand axe? Preform? ID help.

Pancake

Full Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
194
Reaction score
158
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mass.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this in an area where I have been finding a number of killer points and other artifacts. I almost threw it back on the ground but then I noticed that it is crudely worked the whole way around. I have found smaller knives made of this material but I'm not 100% sure what this is. Crude knife or scraper maybe? Crude axe? Preform? I just don't know. Any thoughts?
IMG_4285.webpIMG_4286.webpIMG_4287.webpIMG_4288.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd say its more than likely a chopper/hand axe. Pictures make a definite call hard, it could be a spade of sorts. Nice work!
 
Yeah I would guess NC hit the nail on the head, we find some like that around here, there's just no way to tell specifically what it was used for
 
Some will say preform but I believe most of these in that style were used as knifes and then maybe turned into a point after their use was finished. Nice find and welcome back. Where have you been? What is the weather like for you?
 
Maybe a hand whopper chopper meat scraping wood cutting ditch digging son of a gun. Got a nice edge on her it looks like.
 
Some will say preform but I believe most of these in that style were used as knifes and then maybe turned into a point after their use was finished. Nice find and welcome back. Where have you been? What is the weather like for you?


I've been lurking. Snow on the ground today but I've actually found some pretty great pieces over the past month. A few amazing blades and a bunch of nice points. Found a nice one yesterday right as the snow started coming down.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom