SE made more sense today

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
Well I have been getting out 3 times a week with the SE. And I am sorry to report that I havent had anything even notable to mention. I am so trying to figure this machine out.. I understand the places I am hunting have been hit hard before, but I thought id get thoose deep signals. Turns out I may have been getting them all the time, and dismissing them as IRON. Today i focused on digging anything that sounded good even from one direction, as long as it pinpointed as a small objext I dug.. I did manage a few square nails... But i was able to get 4 wheats, and 2 other coins which I am not sure how they got where they were..

Ill be out digging more good sounding but not looking ( target ID ) targets after I get off shift..

Unless I get jury duty as summoned. - Do you think the judge will release me to metal detect.. lol

Attachments

• 10-18-07_1.jpg
    10-18-07_1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 298
  • 10-18-07_2.jpg
    10-18-07_2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 10-18-07_3.jpg
    10-18-07_3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 291
  • 10-18-07_4.jpg
    10-18-07_4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0

ozdrew PI dig all

Mar 20, 2005
Australia
HI FD
The One with the 2 on it is a Australian 2 cent coin , not worth any thing in OZ but may be a good keeper for a foreign coin collection. It is no longer used in circulation.

Keep up with SE , I bought a EXP II after 2 years , still digging can tops and bottoms.
Good luck and HH
Andrew

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont give up...I know how ya feel..I am just now starting to figure out my m6 so hang in there..your doing a heck of alot better in finds then me..so far I am just finding reg. clad..only have found two silver dimes so far n one necklace/w/pendant

OP
OP
fd3615

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
plehbah said:
The learning curve with a new machine can be tough. Hang in there.

How deep were the wheaties?

6 inches - but " iffy " they were in the hole with iron... thats whats making it hard for me.. all the clean targets are gone..

This is my 3 month with the SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hang in there, Trevor!! I'm glad you're digging those iffy one-way signals. Plus, you're going by the sound of the target instead of its ID. That is the key to mastering your machine.

You are on your way to getting those elusive coins others have passed up.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

S

Scots Gaelic

Nice 1950 Half Penny - I found one of those a couple of weeks ago too!

Let me know how you like the SE after awhile (I am planing on getting one).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread