What's new

Search to find ratio

renegade_7

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
977
Reaction score
87
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Which coin denominations seem to produce the majority of the keepers? I just completed my first Half Dollar box. I will post the results later.
 
Upvote 0
I don't have accurate ratios, but halves produce the most silver, then dimes, and last is quarters. Halves can be very good or very bad but overall produce the best. 1-2 silver dimes per box is about average. Silver quarters are few and far between. Wheat cents and pre 1960 nickels are found at a rate of maybe a dozen or so per box on average.

I hope this helps and good luck hunting.
 
Fropa said:
I don't have accurate ratios, but halves produce the most silver, then dimes, and last is quarters. Halves can be very good or very bad but overall produce the best. 1-2 silver dimes per box is about average. Silver quarters are few and far between. Wheat cents and pre 1960 nickels are found at a rate of maybe a dozen or so per box on average.

I hope this helps and good luck hunting.

pre-1960 nickels are about 24 a box and wheaties seem to vary somewhat by area, around here I average between 8 and 12 per box depending on the source.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom