What's new

Searched $550 in dimes today 6/30

Treasure-Slut

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I went to a bank down the street from my house today to pick up some dimes and came out with $300 worth. I searched through them and found 1 90% in there. I was pleasantly surprised since I have searched through many dimes and have never found a thing. So I went back to the same bank and got the rest of what they had, another $250 worth. I found 2 more 90%'s in there. So came out with 3 silvers today and thats faarr better than nothing =P
 
Upvote 0
That's pretty good...congrats...dimes are fun! I love seeing a full roll of silver dimes in the clear plastic tubes!!
 
LJ said:
That's pretty good...congrats...dimes are fun! I love seeing a full roll of silver dimes in the clear plastic tubes!!

LJ do you mean you would love to see. It sounds like your saying you have seen.?

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
LJ said:
That's pretty good...congrats...dimes are fun! I love seeing a full roll of silver dimes in the clear plastic tubes!!

LJ do you mean you would love to see. It sounds like your saying you have seen.?

Mojo

That is exactly what I am saying.......I have seen. I have 8-9 full rolls of silver dimes that I have found from CRH'ing. One of the rolls are Mercs. Last year I latched onto a few good boxes that held a load. One box held like 60 something....one was a Barber.....I posted that last year. I've been hooked on em ever since....

If someone was to search 50 boxes of dimes I am pretty sure they would end up with a full roll of silver dimes.....if not....darn close.

Do you search dimes Mojo?
 
You betcha dimes are fun. They never fail. If you want tiny silver wafers, search dimes. I had to switch gears, halves to dimes as the supply of CWI halves really blows. Not the dime boxes. I found a Merc in my first try. Also interesting Canadian silvers. I've gone thru $5k worth and have found about 40+in silver dime. It takes 5 silver dimes to equal 1 silver half and at this point I can honestly say that it would be easier to go to the coin shop and spend $1 ea on dimes, and come out ahead.
But, that is not what it is all about, right?

AMC
 
Personally, because of the small size of dimes, they are less fun for me to search than halves but when you are finding things, its aaallways fun. I have only ordered boxes of halves...for dimes, quarters and pennies I just get what they have sitting around. You guys prefer getting boxes for dimes or would you just as soon take what a teller has? I would rather order for halves since they are so big and rarer than the other coins that I'm more confident a privy teller has looked through them. And what is the face value for a box of dimes anyway? Still $500 like quarters and halves?
 
Treasure-Slut said:
Personally, because of the small size of dimes, they are less fun for me to search than halves but when you are finding things, its aaallways fun. I have only ordered boxes of halves...for dimes, quarters and pennies I just get what they have sitting around. You guys prefer getting boxes for dimes or would you just as soon take what a teller has? I would rather order for halves since they are so big and rarer than the other coins that I'm more confident a privy teller has looked through them. And what is the face value for a box of dimes anyway? Still $500 like quarters and halves?
At this point in time I automatically assume any halves that come in have been searched by the tellers. I feel that they caught on long ago....as far as dimes go, less likely to have been searched, also hand rolled dimes produce the same as a box ($250), and there is always the chance of getting grandpa's collection.
 
Treasure-Slut said:
Personally, because of the small size of dimes, they are less fun for me to search than halves but when you are finding things, its aaallways fun.

You are so right about those babies being small. After handling halves for so long those dimes feel like play coins. I'd like to have a dime for everytime I found myself picking half of a roll up off of the floor.....lol.

amc rulz said:
as far as dimes go, less likely to have been searched, also hand rolled dimes produce the same as a box ($250), and there is always the chance of getting grandpa's collection.

AMC - I totally agree about the dimes.
 
LJ said:
coinmojo said:
LJ said:
That's pretty good...congrats...dimes are fun! I love seeing a full roll of silver dimes in the clear plastic tubes!!

LJ do you mean you would love to see. It sounds like your saying you have seen.?

Mojo

That is exactly what I am saying.......I have seen. I have 8-9 full rolls of silver dimes that I have found from CRH'ing. One of the rolls are Mercs. Last year I latched onto a few good boxes that held a load. One box held like 60 something....one was a Barber.....I posted that last year. I've been hooked on em ever since....

If someone was to search 50 boxes of dimes I am pretty sure they would end up with a full roll of silver dimes.....if not....darn close.

Do you search dimes Mojo?

Yes LJ I do search Dimes.

I started about 2 months ago when the silver vein on Halves dried up. Here are some of my recent posts.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,164438.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,154988.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,166070.0.html
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,162999.0.html

Mojo
 
Those are some nice finds Mojo. Luckily the silver halves are still in most of my boxes but I certainly don't get the luck that many here have. But of course that comes with time as well and I haven't been doing this ruthelessly or for very long. A good note though is that the banks I order from seem to never have delt with halves before for other people and one lady said in 26 years of working at one of the banks, she had never been asked to order halves. So at least competition is rather low.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom