Season 10 - Starts on November 15th, 2022

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reactions: gjb

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a Drilling Down episode tonight.
Plans for season 11: Garden shaft; go down and then move sideways toward the new tunnel.
Most interesting - there were some preliminary Muon tomography results: they've been collecting data for a long time! It showed the previously undiscovered tunnel heading toward the pink blob.
It is going to be an agonizing wait until we see what the fellowship discovers next.

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to the new season. It beats a lot of the other crap on TV.
Don't get me wrong. It’s a Show

I have dealt with exactly three big TV show producers in my life. I just want to say hello to Brea, Jennifer, and Aron. You know what I am talking about; they are looking for stories and adventures in forums blogs YouTube etc. , and yes, believe it or not, they are under us here in this forum, always looking for something that may be useful for them to make something big out of it.

I rejected them for personal reasons I couldn't support. Just to give you an example, in 2002, a big TV production company came all the way from Europe to meet with me in Ecuador. They found an article about me mining in Ecuador and got in touch with me. At first, everything during the conversations with the producer was good. The financial offer was excellent for six months of running around with a film crew and an invisible army of helpers for their production. But I knew from our exploration that soon I would run out of good ground to mine. The gold price was too low back in those days to work that ground. I told the producer this, and folks you would not believe what he said straight into to my face. It’s good for the show that you run out of gold this is exactly what we need; we can’t show on television that you left your country to have a mining adventure and have been successful;
I asked him seriously what that meant, and he told me this: Can you imagine what happens if we show on television that you left your country and have success? The couch potato sheep would start to overthink their situation and maybe take the risk of doing the same thing I have done or something similar. Then the producer said so we could show you doing well, but then you fail. So the couch potato sheep can say what an idiot spent all the money for concessions, equipment etc. Leaving the home country for a failure its way better to stay safe at home, whether you're unemployed or not, and watch TV drink your beer without taking any risk in life. That was the point I told him not interested.

Another production crew contacted me after they found a news article with the name "The Lost Emeralds of the Inca." And yes, a part of this article is about me; they found it on the TreasureNet .They contacted the author and then got in touch with me. I told them yes, it’s dangerous, and at least a week of extreme hiking over the mountain ranges, crossing wild rivers in the jungle highlands, dealing with dangerous wildlife. So they came up with the scripted idea of taking a helicopter to bring us to the place where the lost mine was, so we would not walk to that jungle and mountain nightmare. for sure the helicopter ride you would not see later on TV What you would see are a few shots of the jungle with the mountains and a bunch of explores making their way in an easy going jungle section, pretending to live the tough life out in the jungle .10 km away from the nearest hotel. I never signed a contract not with them but I can guarantee you the confidentiality agreement also called a "nondisclosure agreement"or"NDA" makes it impossible for someone in those shows talking about the truth.

OP
OP
G

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get me wrong. It’s a Show

I have dealt with exactly three big TV show producers in my life. I just want to say hello to Brea, Jennifer, and Aron. You know what I am talking about; they are looking for stories and adventures in forums blogs YouTube etc. , and yes, believe it or not, they are under us here in this forum, always looking for something that may be useful for them to make something big out of it.

I rejected them for personal reasons I couldn't support. Just to give you an example, in 2002, a big TV production company came all the way from Europe to meet with me in Ecuador. They found an article about me mining in Ecuador and got in touch with me. At first, everything during the conversations with the producer was good. The financial offer was excellent for six months of running around with a film crew and an invisible army of helpers for their production. But I knew from our exploration that soon I would run out of good ground to mine. The gold price was too low back in those days to work that ground. I told the producer this, and folks you would not believe what he said straight into to my face. It’s good for the show that you run out of gold this is exactly what we need; we can’t show on television that you left your country to have a mining adventure and have been successful;
I asked him seriously what that meant, and he told me this: Can you imagine what happens if we show on television that you left your country and have success? The couch potato sheep would start to overthink their situation and maybe take the risk of doing the same thing I have done or something similar. Then the producer said so we could show you doing well, but then you fail. So the couch potato sheep can say what an idiot spent all the money for concessions, equipment etc. Leaving the home country for a failure its way better to stay safe at home, whether you're unemployed or not, and watch TV drink your beer without taking any risk in life. That was the point I told him not interested.

Another production crew contacted me after they found a news article with the name "The Lost Emeralds of the Inca." And yes, a part of this article is about me; they found it on the TreasureNet .They contacted the author and then got in touch with me. I told them yes, it’s dangerous, and at least a week of extreme hiking over the mountain ranges, crossing wild rivers in the jungle highlands, dealing with dangerous wildlife. So they came up with the scripted idea of taking a helicopter to bring us to the place where the lost mine was, so we would not walk to that jungle and mountain nightmare. for sure the helicopter ride you would not see later on TV What you would see are a few shots of the jungle with the mountains and a bunch of explores making their way in an easy going jungle section, pretending to live the tough life out in the jungle .10 km away from the nearest hotel. I never signed a contract not with them but I can guarantee you the confidentiality agreement also called a "nondisclosure agreement"or"NDA" makes it impossible for someone in those shows talking about the truth.
Thanks for the post, it was a very enjoyable read. I know Oak Island is just a show about a legend and I'm OK with that. I would also have enjoyed seeing you on TV trying to solve the Stewart Connelly legend of the Lost Emerald mine. Did you consider the use of a helicopter to spot the three Connelly landmarks? That should be fair game, Neil Persinger used an airplane to spot the "River of Blood, gray-black cliffs, and the three snowcapped mountains. Is there any proof yet that emeralds do exist in the region Connelly searched. If the Government of Ecuador would give permission for a new search in this day and time call those producers and go for it. That would be a great adventure and fun to watch.

OP
OP
G

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show goes on, well at least the work does according to updates "From the Other Side".

Billy crosses the causeway with a big pump on Thursday, June 1st and there is a number of workers crossing daily.

Attachments

• 350925944_132043486555904_7648768568678735046_n (2).jpg
    350925944_132043486555904_7648768568678735046_n (2).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 350927463_207968032066326_7302284085792446547_n (2).jpg
    350927463_207968032066326_7302284085792446547_n (2).jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 20

EKG

Mar 19, 2017
From Germany but in South America at the moment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post, it was a very enjoyable read. I know Oak Island is just a show about a legend and I'm OK with that. I would also have enjoyed seeing you on TV trying to solve the Stewart Connelly legend of the Lost Emerald mine. Did you consider the use of a helicopter to spot the three Connelly landmarks? That should be fair game, Neil Persinger used an airplane to spot the "River of Blood, gray-black cliffs, and the three snowcapped mountains. Is there any proof yet that emeralds do exist in the region Connelly searched. If the Government of Ecuador would give permission for a new search in this day and time call those producers and go for it. That would be a great adventure and fun to watch.

Since it is now a protected region within Cofan territory, it is difficult. There is no way to mine there legally. Nobody could grant you permission, not even the government. The few remaining indigenous adhere to long-standing customs and are protected by the government. The Cofans now have state-of-the-art tools, like as drones, to protect and monitor over their territory after it was invaded and badly damaged by illegal gold mining operations. In the past, i spend a lot of time exploring this region, which is difficult to get by foot and requires crossing rivers on wires that were left behind from forestry operations in the 1970s. The three mountains covered in snow are three volcanoes. Yes, on one of my first expeditions, I discovered the area with the steep, dark cliffs and nearly perished while descending on a rope. At the time, I wasn't searching for emeralds; instead, I was pursuing evidence from Raymond J. Wallace's book, The Ancient River of Gold. I found it, and the Oldtimer was correct. Approx.2600 m above sea level, the ancient river channels are raised up to geological and tectonic events with its gold-rich gravel intact. But again no mining possible, everything where it is good gold is now all over the country national park or protected area. The same happened in most parts of the world. Isn't this strange or just a coincidence ? Photos below from second expedition with my wife in the area.

Attachments

• P1050160.JPG
    P1050160.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • P1050191.JPG
    P1050191.JPG
    770.2 KB · Views: 24
  • P1050201.JPG
    P1050201.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • P1050215.JPG
    P1050215.JPG
    790.3 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
G

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EK
Thanks for posting the great photos and the interesting update on your searches in Ecuador. Real life adventures
are much more interesting than anything that could be posted about the Oak Island search. Best of luck with your mining and other searches. Hope all goes well.

Reactions: EKG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread