I guess it's great that you want to offer us this level of detail, but you are still not citing your sources, making verifying your data rather tricky. For example, in trying to corroborate this alleged bit about a fishing operation, I found a link that claimed the island was "sold" to fish merchants in 1753, but it had no data about any actual private industry being conducted there. I would like to add such data to the body of verifiable facts if indeed it is such, but I'm not willing to just take the word of any old forum member who says so. I'm sure you can understand that. I find it strange that you wouldn't want to share all your sources up front for the betterment of the group, to help raise the level of dialogue and whatnot.
You'd agree that this doesn't match the popular timeline, right? Most works peg it at 1803-1805. The common wisdom is that we don't have documentation for Onslow's existence, so again I must ask for your sources in claiming that they operated nearly five decades later than most believe.
--GT