OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This series is very poor television. That hole trip to France was pointless. Even when told the dudes who name was meant to be on the map was not a Templar they just ignored it and still claimed a link because..... Talk about blinker vision...

What are they possibly hoping to find on that dig of Sam Balls old shed. Maybe after he found the Ark of the Covenant he moved the Ark from the pit to under the floor of his shed....

Way to many episodes of pointless rubbish in this series...

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This series is very poor television. That hole trip to France was pointless. Even when told the dudes who name was meant to be on the map was not a Templar they just ignored it and still claimed a link because..... Talk about blinker vision...

What are they possibly hoping to find on that dig of Sam Balls old shed. Maybe after he found the Ark of the Covenant he moved the Ark from the pit to under the floor of his shed....

Way to many episodes of pointless rubbish in this series...

It's all basically smoke and mirrors to keep the viewers tuned. Like every other show on the History Channel, it starts off interesting when they have a story to tell, but then delve into ambiguity. For instance, the first couple of seasons of Ancient Aliens were great, as they concentrated on truly amazing sites like the Giza Pyramids, Puma Punku, Gobekli Tepe, etc. After that, the show became ludicrous when big foot was supposed to be this inter dimensional alien and every hole in a rock formation was a star gate.

Curse of Oak Island has turned into pure fantasy now. In all honesty, I'm starting to believe that most of the items found on the island were forged by previous searchers to keep investor money rolling in. Oh look, someone blew up this rock in 1921, but this H + O piece was kept perfectly intact with a Templar cross in the middle. Were the rocks in Nolan's cross actually placed in that alignment or did he move them at some point? Was the 1704 stone real or did the Restall kid write it on there? Heck, at one point Nolan mentioned that he found 3 chests in the swamp, but of course they are nowhere to be found. The island is one big hoax!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is reminiscent of many of the other cable treasure/ufo/hitler lives shows as well as the promotions by many “treasure hunters” who claim to have found something of significance but always fail to show proof of what they stated they found. The same situation occurs daily with the large news organizations who have to attempt to generate interest in something whether true or not, in order to pay their vastly over staffed, over paid, and incapable staffs.

While some here tie the show’s cable ratings to proof of a treasure, the actuality is that the show is dying quickly due to the obvious pretend hype and re-hashing of the same facts over and over.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to go to France and see that castle. I was expecting more from them for such a major trip. Then, of course, there were no carvings. Is anyone shocked? The way the woman talked about them, it sounded like they were common knowledge or had been documented. Guess not.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when CNN does a story about the FOUND TREASURE------ we can all be assured it will be FAKE TREASURE and FAKE NEWS :laughing9::alien::sad5::toothy4:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curse of Oak Island has turned into pure fantasy now.
It is very much looking that way now. Not even Rick can still believe there is a significant treasure buried in the pit area. This series should have just been the pattern drilling and the big hole they are drilling in what they believe to be the pit area. This would of then finally shown there was no treasure buried there. I am pretty disappointed that they are making 16 hours of television to show what could of been done in a 90 minute special. This other stuff is just plain awful.....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but yet ya'll keep watching!!!! Sure your complaining about it but your watching which is a what they want you to do. It's like the Kardashian theory. All publicity is good publicity.. Ya'll hate the show yet still watch while there is apparently millions of people who watch it as well... Which brings me to the 1% rule of thumb for forums. Of all the people who watch the show only 1% +- are members of a forum of the show. Of those members only 1%+- of them actually post about it, so we as posters are a VERY small part of it really.... YES, I'm a believer in that I believe there was "something" hidden there at one point. Not sure if it is still there of course. Don't really care who did it at this point but would be nice if they or someone could find proof of it somehow.. Which is why they keep doing research of the Templers, Crusaders, etc etc in case there is info out there to be found which might help... Which the lady last night said her family were part of the Crusaders which had tight ties with the Templers so there is a connection, now whether that means anything or not who knows... She tranlated the top of that map to say something about " a little west" or "a little towards west". Well 3000 miles is more then just alittle to me.... So not sure what to make of that and there are lots of islands in the Oak Island area...

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I have to agree with others, too much fluff. The MO of the show seems to be deflect. They are deflecting away form the pit and focusing elsewhere. Either there is nothing there at the end of the season OR it is something huge.

But that's what I don't get. Last season, they found chunks of metal and wood that could of been from a chest, but then, they forgot all about it???

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are digging now where they think they need to be. The company said it will take 4 or 5 days to bore down to the 150 mark or so, so no reason for them to show much of that or ya'll really be ragging on the show asking them to be doing something else, which they are. Going to Paris, searching the area of Samual Ball.. There is alot of stuff that goes on that they do not show like grading out that area for the bore machine to sit on, rebuilt the road way by the swamp from winter erosion, etc,etc... They can only do but so much work in and around the swamp per their permits that they have to get... let alone the filming of it all slows thing down..

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch because of the laughs I get due to the bumbling storyline and fantasy make believe. Same reason I watch our local nfl team the Cincinnati bengals. 50 year history of losing and mediocrity and it will continue forever. I watch the debacle and try to analyze why fans still buy tickets thinking the team will turn around yet by the 2nd or third game of the season, half the seats are empty.

There has never been anything significant buried on oak island and it still stands as the greatest hoax in history.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But that's what I don't get. Last season, they found chunks of metal and wood that could of been from a chest, but then, they forgot all about it???

I think the metal "Chest hinge" declaration from the expert was way off. But yes - there's no mention whether they analyzed the metal that destroyed the drill bit, even though I suspect it is probably modern and from searcher equipment.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are digging now where they think they need to be. The company said it will take 4 or 5 days to bore down to the 150 mark or so, so no reason for them to show much of that or ya'll really be ragging on the show asking them to be doing something else, which they are. Going to Paris, searching the area of Samual Ball.. There is alot of stuff that goes on that they do not show like grading out that area for the bore machine to sit on, rebuilt the road way by the swamp from winter erosion, etc,etc... They can only do but so much work in and around the swamp per their permits that they have to get... let alone the filming of it all slows thing down..
I don't know about others, but I'd rather see that prep work than some of the fluff.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with others, too much fluff. The MO of the show seems to be deflect. They are deflecting away form the pit and focusing elsewhere. Either there is nothing there at the end of the season OR it is something huge.

Not only that, but with all the exploratory holes they've been drilling, couldn't they have drilled one right next to GAL-1 to inspect the area that the diver kept getting metal readings on? I'm sure they could pinpoint that exact spot since they scanned / imaged the cavity below.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say I was rather disappointed by last night's episode. To me , it seems they are grasping at any shred of information that may link the Templar's to the island.

If they can't come up with 15 minutes of new video each episode the show will be cancelled. They already have 45 minutes from past shows to waste your time.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty disappointed that they are making 16 hours of television to show what could of been done in a 90 minute special. This other stuff is just plain awful.....
does anyone know when this was shot. It is -5* to -10* on the island right now. This was probably shot half a year ago. If they found anything some news outlet would have reported it by now. Impossible to keep that many crew member quiet this long.

How many more episodes this year? That means more to come next year to be shot summer of 2018.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can only do but so much work in and around the swamp per their permits that they have to get...
Yep.. This is a problem for them. The permits they need seem pretty excessive. This place has been dug up by every man and their dog for the last 200 years.. It is difficult to believe that anything of historical significance (pre dating the original 3 diggers) has not already been discovered or destroyed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread