SEASON 8

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The salt water preserves it to some extent along with it not having oxygen. There are pictures out there and have been posted on this site of tunnels on OI...Going to try to attach one here.. Tunnels.JPG Ya'll make it toooooo easy to debunk what your saying. Just speak in facts as ya'll keep asking for and I'll not have to call you out on it again.. It's pretty simple really...

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The salt water preserves it to some extent along with it not having oxygen. There are pictures out there and have been posted on this site of tunnels on OI...Going to try to attach one here.. View attachment 1897535 Ya'll make it toooooo easy to debunk what your saying. Just speak in facts as ya'll keep asking for and I'll not have to call you out on it again.. It's pretty simple really...

The tunnels you speak of were ALL dug and constructed by previous treasure hoax promoters. A tunnel built to house treasure has NEVER been found in the island (and the flood tunnels have been debunked as well). With the entire island having been dug to great depths, there is nothing more to explore in regards to the fictional treasure.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say there is or was treasure in the tunnel. Just posting that to show gazzahk that there were shafts/tunnel dug on the island long before the Laginas got to the island, since he said just above in his post that-- None of the other searchers in the 200+ years have been claiming to find ancient mine shafts in the money pit area supported by wooden braces.
My post was to debunk that thinking. Ya'll don't get it in that you don't get to make claims you can't back up just as you keep telling others the same thing. Where's the proof, where is it written, etc etc...
Just as you singlestack claim there was NEVER a hole dug to start with!! Not sure how anyone believes a thing you type at this point.. You may not be alone in that thinking but no one else on here has ever said it..So I'm guessing they all believe that there was an original hole dug which was later named the Money Pit...

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't say there is or was treasure in the tunnel. Just posting that to show gazzahk that there were shafts/tunnel dug on the island long before the Laginas got to the island, since he said just above in his post that-- None of the other searchers in the 200+ years have been claiming to find ancient mine shafts in the money pit area supported by wooden braces.
My post was to debunk that thinking. Ya'll don't get it in that you don't get to make claims you can't back up just as you keep telling others the same thing. Where's the proof, where is it written, etc etc...
Just as you singlestack claim there was NEVER a hole dug to start with!! Not sure how anyone believes a thing you type at this point.. You may not be alone in that thinking but no one else on here has ever said it..So I'm guessing they all believe that there was an original hole dug which was later named the Money Pit...

There was NEVER a "money pit" dug on the island containing vast treasures and a trap system. That's a fact.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was NEVER a "money pit" dug on the island containing vast treasures and a trap system. That's a fact.

Atleast now you are clarifying what you say on it unlike in the past... yet it is not a fact as it is possible it has already been found.. and some claim to know that as fact. So who do we believe... Easier to not claim either as fact, then one over the other even though it is one of the original 3 decedents that are claiming that...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atleast now you are clarifying what you say on it unlike in the past... yet it is not a fact as it is possible it has already been found.. and some claim to know that as fact. So who do we believe... Easier to not claim either as fact, then one over the other even though it is one of the original 3 decedents that are claiming that...

My reference to no hole being dug was always relating to the fictional money pit and flood tunnels.....

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
oak island lynds map confirmed.png

They dug the spot because that's where the 'treasure map' they had marked where to dig.
Historical reports all describe and repeat it.

Here is what they have been prohibited from discussing or even mentioning on the show.

Just because they didn't mention this on the show doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it didn't happen or they don't know about it.

So you can forget all the guff about Templars, Naval Stores, encampments, Sinclair, Aztecs, whatever.

I'll let you work out why a prohibition is in place there from disclosing it to yo

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n2mini when I said ancient I was referring to pre treasure searchers... There is no shortage of treasure searchers shafts. That is where all the wood is coming from...

So I stand by the earlier statement.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now when pressed we get different stances on some of this.. The Money Pit is not fictional, that is how all this started..and how is the wood in the MP area older then when it was it is known to be dug?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So now when pressed we get different stances on some of this.. The Money Pit is not fictional, that is how all this started..and how is the wood in the MP area older then when it was it is known to be dug?
Must be leftovers from that Templar lumbermill that Sinclair and his geriatric Templars constructed in the Oak Island wilderness yo built a ship for an Atlantic voyage back to Scotland. :laughing7:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and how is the wood in the MP area older then when it was it is known to be dug?
You continue to ignore what is said... IF they have found wood older then then 1795 in the ground it was most probably put there by treasure searchers after 1795.

No previous searchers have ever claimed to find wooden re-enforced shafts at around a 100 feet that were not just other searchers shafts.

The Laginas are either lying or at best miss representing the significance of a core sample that has some old wood in it.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Older wood, in fact an ancient stump was recovered and photographed by Nolan after he had dug it up deep underground.. It was the strata from some ancient flood. Ever seen the photo he took of it?

Honestly you showed some pictures of the old tunnels and you are so clueless that you didn't even even know they were Hedden's works so only about 25 years old when Restall took those photos.

If you want try and argue something worthwhile do it but totally clueless demonstrations of your total lack of even the most basic facts just starts the orchestra playing clown music.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n2mini you seem to be continuing to argue that "lack of proof" of treasure being buried is equal to "lack of proof" that treasure was not buried... That is a non nonsensical argument. There is "lack of proof" that King Tut did not bury treasure on OI. Does that mean it is of equal likelihood?

Consider "Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the smallest number of assumptions is usually correct."

The explanation that requires the least assumptions is the structures on OI come from ordinary human industry. Therefore without any evidence to the contrary this is the most likely answer....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't believe the show has mentioned that in the 1890's Oak Island Treasure Company repeatedly set off dynamite charges in "The Money Pit" and in several drill holes beside (there were 13 "wells" sunk by then) - eventually a 160 lb (!) charge at 90 ft. Halifax Co. dug the tunnels in the 1860's (most probable source of deep iron that has been later recovered). All that timber was "blown to bits" within that region - lots of wood samples for the Lagiana's to pull up.

Also in the 1890's a drilling platform was placed at 90 feet down for the subsequent drilling down to 171 feet.

Whole lot of work to poke around in an old glacial silt-hole full of natural debris.

Https://www.oakislandtours.ca/oak-island-treasure-company.html

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just a thought to add;
I do not think wood that has been dynamited can be accurately dated using C 14

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or soaked in seawater. The seas are VERY old and full of all sorts of suspended ions.

Or relocated from where it grew (they have to use the "local" isotope tables).

Last edited:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep in mind that treasure hunters dug huge, deep pits/craters searching for the treasure. When they went to fill it back in, they could easily have grabbed additional surface dirt that had old wood or artifacts in it. Anything found in the pits after that could have simply been sitting around the surface and picked up by excavators to be dumped down into the hole as part of the refill process. Therefore, any "evidence" that gets dug out of the hole didn't necessarily originally come from that hole. It could easily have been sitting around the surface for 300 years and dumped down there at a much later date.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And.........lets not forget the professional way in which these samples are first recovered, no chance of cross contamination there. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread