Season Two - Nov. 4, 2014 9:00 pm

The "fixation" of Oak Island is rooted in the simple myth and legend. Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, they are dotted with holes in the earth and all sorts of ancient sign, no doubt that a few "freemasons members" were involved in the creating of many of them. If we take "celestial maps" and "star charts" we can easily align many lines and points to a number of these numerous holes and "signs". So in my mind, the Bacon theory as it applies to Oak Island is only presented in support of that particular myth and legend.

Check out Masonic Astronomy... GREAT book from 1882 (year Jesse James was murdered) is Stella Theology!

So, Phonecians eh? Pretty romantic idea to think 2000 years ago they sailed the Atlantic for a safe place to hide the Arc. That'd be a lot of history books to rewrite.

Well I haven't been too thrilled about the involvement of Pulitzer and some of the fantastical theories.

I've never really been that excited about them over the years.

But I am excited about the preview for the next show of them possibly having drilled into something good.

It's just awesome that technology allows for us to be close up spectators on such a popular adventure!

-Cheers

“A. Do the work during the day.”

The Freemasons could have used a small work force to start and prepare the preliminary work for the “Oak Island’s Tunnels and Shaft” with knowledge and instructions supplied from past “Enlightened Patrons”.

Work may have been done during the day under the guise of scraping the hull of a ship.

The original discovers had reported locating a large bolder in “Smith’s Cove” with a “hand forged iron ring-bolt” inserted in it.

This “ring” was only visible at low tide and may have been used by seafarers to moor and careening "heaving down" their boats.

Is an anchor point further out to sea than the ship is necessary for careening? Where is this stone now?

Depending on who you believe, this hole was either very deep or damned deep. Would careening a ship have covered for this? Weeks of labor, cleared vegetation, etc?

During the 18th Century and without electricity, locals tended not to go out or stray far from their lodgings at night.

Lights seen at night were usually attributed to some sort of encampment or worse, part of evil folk lore.

Except for McGinnis, as most versions of the story have him going over to investigate in the first place because he saw lights.

There was only one need for the “Freemasons” to work at night on “Oak Island” and that was to set their markers or relocate these markers if they had been tampered with.

Did people live on Oak Island in 1795? Besides European settlers, did the natives ever go there? If either of these are true, would someone want to spend weeks (if not months) digging an enormous hole that's supposed to be a secret, on an island where people might happen by?

So yes, there was a need for someone digging holes to do it at night, and it had nothing to do with Freemasonry.

The “Possibility” of “C” was stated to have occurred when the lights from the “American Navy” and “American Freemason Workers” were seen by one of the “Original Discovers”.

These American Ships were safely venturing into British waters protected under the “Treaty of Amity 1794” with the full approval of President George Washington and the Freemasons controlling the Royal Navy out of Halifax.

Their brief stop at “Oak Island” was to “Open” the “Treasure Vault” and “Remove” the “Freemason’s Treasures”.

The “Entry” to the “Treasure Vault” was “Concealed” and its “Contents” were “Whisked” away to their “New Protected Home”.

So the treasure was recovered over the course of a night? Very well. I'll accept that, but only if the hole was very shallow. Some seem to think that it was buried at a shallow depth. I myself would think that a treasure would be buried at a shallow depth. (Again, the deeper the hole, the longer it takes to dig, and the longer it takes to excavate. Who knows what people might happen by why this is happening?)

The problem is that there's this persistant 100+ foot deep hole that's central to the story. Was the treasure there, or was it the most convoluted and illogical red herring in the history of man? I invite the reader to decide, but if the hole is there, it had to be dug by someone. If it had to be dug, that was a lot of work and took some time, and again, who might have happened by while this was occurring? If it didn't exist, the stories are wrong. (Don't feel bad. The stories are wrong on a lot of points when you look at them hard enough.) If the stories were wrong about the "pit" portion of the Money Pit...well, what are we left with?

This wasn't the response that I wanted to give you, but again...twelve hour shifts, limited time, whine whine whine. It will have to do for the time being. I'm sure that we'll hash it out further when I have some time to devote to it.

I'm not sure if this was asked or not, But where is the Excess Dirt ?

Yes the dirt from the pit would have been replaced, but according to the story
Tunnels to the ocean were built as Traps :tongue3:
are there large mounds of dirt there that can't be explained away by treasure hunters
leaving pits open ?
I'm sure they didn't have heavy equipment to hall the excess dirt off the island

Hey look at the bright side, after the History Channel Curse Of Oak Island show is over, Search For The Lost Giants follows it, another hour of finding nothing, lol. Its like Scott Wolter meets the Finding Bigfoot crew.

Hey look at the bright side, after the History Channel Curse Of Oak Island show is over, Search For The Lost Giants follows it, another hour of finding nothing, lol. Its like Scott Wolter meets the Finding Bigfoot crew.

I could like the Search For The Lost Giants, if they were to search for lost "Giants"
& not just search far Tall Men's Bones.

how about 20' tall, ? 30 foot tall ? or even big enough to wrestle Dinosaurs.
That's Giants imo :thumbsup:

besides that, they need to stick to the subject not tease :(

3 episodes now since they found the tooth.
since these episodes were done at least a year ago,
Why do they just tease on an ID each week.
Of course the end of the season they will either tease they got an answer
so people tune in to season 2

Or they will say inconclusive, need more testing :(

I hate Teasing !

and don't get me started on Wolter :tongue3: the Knights Exxon Templers man :BangHead:

This could be a game-changer ?

how many shows & how many times do we need to hear
"This could be a game-changer" before the commercial ? :(
their playing games ? I thought they were Treasure Hunting :icon_scratch:

Last edited:
What is the theory on the log floors every 10 feet?

This seems to be a major clue to me, and it is never discussed.

Someone give me ONE reason why you would install a platform every 10 feet.

Even if they aided in digging somehow, it would be hard to back-fill with them in place, and IF they aided in digging, why leave them in place to aid potential thieves?

The "Freemason's Plan" for their "Nine Levels" of "Platforms".

What is the theory on the log floors every 10 feet?

This seems to be a major clue to me, and it is never discussed.

Someone give me ONE reason why you would install a platform every 10 feet.

Even if they aided in digging somehow, it would be hard to back-fill with them in place, and IF they aided in digging, why leave them in place to aid potential thieves?

From studies and research my "Theories" for the “The Oak Island Money Pit's” 9 levels of oak platforms were as follows:

These platforms served 2 purposes

Ceremonial:

The Freemasons constructed Oak Island based on their Masonic Rituals with the Money Pit built according to “Enoch’s Temple”.

Before the flood of Noah, Enoch built his own Money Pit going down 9 levels concealing treasure and religious artifacts (Ark of the Covenant, Rod of Aaron, and the true name of God)

In 1750 ad these Freemason’s ritual referred to Enoch’s Temple as the Royal Arch which represented the cavern located at the last level.

Enoch’s Temple had a keystone placed within the shaft (same as at The Money Pit) and booby trapped with a possible water trap (water tunnels at the Money Pit).

The Final Booby Trap at "Enoch's Temple" was a "Pillar of Fire" said to consume all those unrighteous who tried to retrieve the treasure.

Treasure Hunters "Beware" of the "Final Booby Trap" at "Oak Island".

It was written that 3 sojourners at the time of Solomon located this cavern and retrieved the treasure.

Architectural:

The Money Pit’s shaft was never intended to be used again by the Freemasons to retrieve their treasure.

They knew the true location of the cavern from above ground.

The Money Pit’s shaft became an obstacle, a diversion, and finally the "Closed Impregnable Vault Door" preventing any unworthy treasure seeker from proceeding down the "Shaft" and up into the "Treasure Vault".

The 9 wooden platform levels also played an architectural purpose allowing ladders and the movement of workers down into the shaft.

More important was that these platforms distributed the weight of the back fill, preventing natural settlement from triggering the airlock at the eighth level and prematurely setting off the water trap.

Aren't there 33 degrees of Masons, if so they still have 24 platforms or levels to go down:icon_scratch:

"Royal Arch"

Aren't there 33 degrees of Masons, if so they still have 24 platforms or levels to go down:icon_scratch:

The "33 degrees of the Masons" were not apart of these "Freemasons" until "Grand Master Pike" introduced them in the "19th Century".

And today the Freemasons "Royal Arch Ceremony" that every Mason "Performs" is with the 9 Levels.

Mackey’s History of Freemasonry, Chapter 48, he says:
“It is very probable that the Legend of Enoch which was embodied in Ramsay’s Ecossais, and which was afterward adopted in the Degree of Knights of the Ninth Arch, was at first used by the ceceders in conferring their Fourth Degree. But it was afterward changed for the very different legend which is still taught in the English Royal Arch”.

Oak Island - The True Masonic Chart.gif

I know they are searching for underground tunnels now, I do not think there are any, I know they are drilling to try and find them or rule it out, but it is a long shot on finding one. It is a swampy island, so they will find lots of water in the ground, no matter what they do. I think you just have a big hole in the ground, those water filled tunnels sound like a bunch of hot air. Get back to the big hole and see what you can find.

Well they aren't actually finding nothing... They're following a trail and finding clues like a spider's web. I've been there. Doing that kind of research travelling all over, going to various libraries, meeting various people, it's all part of the trail and it's not nearly as much fun as being in the water!

I actually think it's pretty cool of them showing the research part, but they don't show the numerous dead ends which are more typical.
Heck at least when you're doing shipwreck surveys you have the fun of being on a boat on the water.

On that note, to me it didn't look like they could see enough into the cellar wall to verify if it was empty. My impression was that they could only see the top 1/4 or so. Were they expecting the bones to be standing?

I thought the tooth was just last week?

I do agree, I'm not certain I would think of an 8ft man as a giant, but if I were only 4'8" I might...

Now that I think about it, truly this just came to me as I was writing...It's more than height though. The overall enormity of mass would be fairly impressive.

When at a Super Bowl event years ago they had an interactive display that one could compare their weight, height and mass to some NFL players. I remember the weight one. It was a scale with a digital readout the would display the remaining weight of the NFL player after deducting the weight of what was on the scale. The example weight of the player after deducting my wife's and mine combined weight was still more than my wife's weight at just over 100 lbs and I was about 215 lbs at the time. So this guy was pushing over 415 lbs and I'm sure not 8+ft.

The mass display had body molds of some players. The one that stands out in memory was a mold of a players football pants. My wife could stand facing normal as if she had put the pants on but within one thigh with space all around!
I could stand sideways. To not feed any jokes... the waistline was pretty darn high too, that's all I'll say about that, lol!

So I guess giant could be subjective just like how someone might think 32 pounds is heavy while someone else would grab that case of rum and run!!

I truly think the game changer is finding giant bones at the bottom of the money pit!!

Now surely 8ft men could dig that bad boy in a hurry!!

Well they aren't actually finding nothing... They're following a trail and finding clues like a spider's web. I've been there. Doing that kind of research travelling all over, going to various libraries, meeting various people, it's all part of the trail and it's not nearly as much fun as being in the water!

I actually think it's pretty cool of them showing the research part, but they don't show the numerous dead ends which are more typical.
Heck at least when you're doing shipwreck surveys you have the fun of being on a boat on the water.

On that note, to me it didn't look like they could see enough into the cellar wall to verify if it was empty. My impression was that they could only see the top 1/4 or so. Were they expecting the bones to be standing?

I thought the tooth was just last week?

I do agree, I'm not certain I would think of an 8ft man as a giant, but if I were only 4'8" I might...

Now that I think about it, truly this just came to me as I was writing...It's more than height though. The overall enormity of mass would be fairly impressive.

When at a Super Bowl event years ago they had an interactive display that one could compare their weight, height and mass to some NFL players. I remember the weight one. It was a scale with a digital readout the would display the remaining weight of the NFL player after deducting the weight of what was on the scale. The example weight of the player after deducting my wife's and mine combined weight was still more than my wife's weight at just over 100 lbs and I was about 215 lbs at the time. So this guy was pushing over 415 lbs and I'm sure not 8+ft.

The mass display had body molds of some players. The one that stands out in memory was a mold of a players football pants. My wife could stand facing normal as if she had put the pants on but within one thigh with space all around!
I could stand sideways. To not feed any jokes... the waistline was pretty darn high too, that's all I'll say about that, lol!

So I guess giant could be subjective just like how someone might think 32 pounds is heavy while someone else would grab that case of rum and run!!

I truly think the game changer is finding giant bones at the bottom of the money pit!!

Now surely 8ft men could dig that bad boy in a hurry!!

Myself, I don't think finding Bones in the Money pit mean anything.
being there are already Rumors
of people being killed. (though giant bones maybe :thumbsup: )

To me the Game changer would be, a 7th dies & they still don't have the Treasure

and the Editors will need to change the Imaginary legend to "8 must die" :laughing7: that's a game changer.

on the Giant Deal I agree peeking in the top of the wall means Nothing.
They should at least snake a Camera & light in.

Personally I think it was an old stairway though.

on the Giant Search getting archaeological permission to dig that Chamber ?
I doubt it till they get a million dollar Grant to ask a couple collage students to Dig
while they watch and take credit.

[ Sorry 2 Different shows 2 different Conversations here :tongue3: ]

Last edited:
There is a way to find out and locate any tunnels on Oak Island but it cost a lot of money, We plan to use it at our site this spring in New Ross. Yet after all the money spent so far , I wonder why they didn't try it. Or they are afraid they might not find anything and the tales of the tunnels are fake . I am sure if they did do the tunnel hunt and found nothing they still would not show it on TV. The 1st drill rig was way to small and Marty knew it. Thats his job. What they need to do is look at this site and try some of the ideas posted here.
I think the 10' rooms were storage rooms for treasure down to 90' and the stone was planted at 90' to rase investors to keep digging. I just wish they would dig in the swamp area. The coins found on shore prove nothing, they could of washed in from a ship wreck. Drilling one hole to locate a tunnel is crazzy , it takes many holes to locate a tunnel. 310 islands in Nova Scotia and everything is burried on Oak Island ? I think the treasure is gone but there is a lot of artifacts still in the swamp area.

Are there any logical reasons for a pit with wood platforms at every ten feet that is not treasure related.? Couldn't it have been dug for something other than hiding treasure?

Any logical reason to put wood platforms in a vertical shaft that is treasure related?

A mine to extract something. Natural silt (was this actually excavated or just borings through bits of logs?) Dug well.

Last edited:
You think they were trying to take measurements of the areas sub strata??? LOL

Every ten feet, must mean that its natural right?.....that's my favorite excuse for not finding anything,

there are actually guys with degrees saying they have evidence to show that mother nature laid evenly spaced and cut timbers every 10 feet, in a perfectly square hole.......

and the comment and video posted a while back about the mystery that seems to take the cake, the one that claimed it was a Viking Ship that sank and the Mast became the water funnel tubes, after a mini ice age was even better

the side tunnels were very small and I doubt there was a person inside building them, they probably came at them from the top after building the dam, and held the waters back.......

the one channel that splits was created with double layered stones and another level of a particular blue clay they said, and the other side channels were dug to other area as well, they were designed to flood the main hole when the pressure from the levels of earth and the walls reinforcing the sides were removed, as was the numerous levels of clay and mud and wooden boards that held the pressure down from flooding

imagine putting two straws into a coke can at the bottom, and then trying to press air into the can through the straws. cant be done unless you open the top of the can.

so when all the clay and boards were removed, it opened the top of the can so to say, and the water filled from underneath, further "convincing" them they were onto something.

what they dont realize is there are tales told about other locations of side tunnels having been dug, the history talks about three side shafts, while most people only hear about two, if they dont seal off all the side tunnels they will be filling up holes with water and sinking their drills into soggy mud

and the crew there is digging for a specific Halifax shaft, to lead to the main money pit, to see if there is wood laid at a certain level...they are pulling out a core of wood from really deep in the next episode,

the 10x borehole pit at the bottom nearby, mayhave a chamber from an old mine from the time of that pyrite guys diggings but I looked up his history and is says his digging came from an area at the Eastern Most tip of New Foundland, not really even close enough to speculate it was him IMO

anyways you look at it they are throwing out all the options instead of looking for the best and earliest facts, which by coin dates seem to be spanish

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back