Season Two - Nov. 4, 2014 9:00 pm

There is a way to find out and locate any tunnels on Oak Island but it cost a lot of money, We plan to use it at our site this spring in New Ross. Yet after all the money spent so far , I wonder why they didn't try it. Or they are afraid they might not find anything and the tales of the tunnels are fake . I am sure if they did do the tunnel hunt and found nothing they still would not show it on TV. The 1st drill rig was way to small and Marty knew it. Thats his job. What they need to do is look at this site and try some of the ideas posted here.
I think the 10' rooms were storage rooms for treasure down to 90' and the stone was planted at 90' to rase investors to keep digging. I just wish they would dig in the swamp area. The coins found on shore prove nothing, they could of washed in from a ship wreck. Drilling one hole to locate a tunnel is crazzy , it takes many holes to locate a tunnel. 310 islands in Nova Scotia and everything is burried on Oak Island ? I think the treasure is gone but there is a lot of artifacts still in the swamp area.

SHHHHHHH stop telling them my secrets.....LOL:notworthy:

As the person on the show said the symbols "look like", I used the language Tifinagh/Berber to translate the stone carvings. (granted they didn't have Burton block and tackle styled pulleys 2500 yrs ago to hang from a tree but )

The weird thing about that language is that you are supposed to write it from right to left, in vertical columns, from bottom to top.......

So in doing so according to their old ways, I came up with a horrendous letter transposition that does not even mumble a single word in english, french, or spanish.......not even close to latin in its most arcane forms

I still think the stone is a directional guide by markers, and the letters also transpose as a dual cypher in Spanish, because if the translation is to be read from vertical columns the markings rotate a different way, and give a different meaning for some, and an unknown character is formed for others.

This means whoever wrote the cypher, wrote using these symbols because they could be used to give directional interpretations, as well as deceive a person into thinking they were Berber, and English, or even unknown codes. These are clearly written from left to right, in two lines, with a clear meaning in mind, one to translate easily into english but with a missing and forced letter showing an incomplete phrase, the first word even. Should have noticed that first, but they dug further BEFORE they translated the stone.

The guy on the show was holding back the fact that if he had actually studied these codes, the symbols would be read sideways, and even if translated horizontally, they would still make jibberish, he should have known that the English translation was about spot on, and that was closer to being accepted as a clue, after they actually dug forty more feet and triggered the flood!!!

Thats why you know the stone was actually a part of the mystery. The stone was sent to the professor regardless of money, they kept digging even without knowing what it said, and at times investors were interested without the previous person finding anything either......so this wasnt planted to lure money. they stopped when they bout dug the whole island up and found nothing

back then it was only known by a handful of people, what there possibly was there......now we have internet so everyone says hell no we wont go, that a 'money pit'

back then there was more commotion around the latest fasions than what some old gold prospectors were after on an island, and the island was overlooked in the newspapers in the us for years

Right now my Spanish is rustier than the scissors found, so here's the key word for anyone who wants to take a try at cracking the rest of the worded codes, I have charted the directional info already

View attachment 1082222

Last edited:
Are there any logical reasons for a pit with wood platforms at every ten feet that is not treasure related.? Couldn't it have been dug for something other than hiding treasure?

Only Logical reason for Platforms I can come up with are Resting spots for Pumps,
Diggers(miners, treasure Hunters), & other needed supplies on the way down.

That is unless they started down below & dug their way out of the earth's core :tongue3:

Every ten feet, must mean that its natural right?.....that's my favorite excuse for not finding anything,

there are actually guys with degrees saying they have evidence to show that mother nature laid evenly spaced and cut timbers every 10 feet, in a perfectly square hole.......

Yes that is the most far fetched idea I have read so far.

that, to me would be as believable as them saying the Pyramids in Egypt were formed
by ancient Glaciers, and dinosaur bones are natural occurences
in the ground & not from any real live creature Millions of years ago :laughing7:

Last edited:
The "Technique" to "Dig" a 100 foot shaft for "Treasure" or "Mining" was the "Same"

Are there any logical reasons for a pit with wood platforms at every ten feet that is not treasure related.? Couldn't it have been dug for something other than hiding treasure?

Similar "Mine Shafts" were dug throughout "Canada" whether for "Salt", "Gold", "Minerals" or for "Treasure".

Only on "Oak Island" there was nothing but "Treasure".

The "Freemasons" dug their "Shaft" at 10 feet sections at a time until they reached the necessary 9 Levels for their "Masonic Degree".

The "Charcoal" found in the "Shaft" was from burning the "Spanish Galleons" in order to melt the "Permafrost" during "Freezing".

Oak Island - Shaft Mine.jpg

The swamp produced something

possibly a smaller trove, remember they filmed the scenes on the ice and located a signal of something non ferrous and metal, yet haven't returned to that area in the series after saying something about it in the sneak previews and other segments....

they seem to be saving the whole swamp discovery till the end, but should show the origins of the camp there......who was doing what when sorta discovery

My guess is that it is going to get pretty exciting if they do pull up a box....a stump isnt the only thing they found with their scanners....it did show a bleep

@ Jeff

Do you mean pumps for modern times and wood left there in digs, or from the builders, cause if they were from the old days these pumps werent that easy to come by, and they probably just used the dams to dig the hole without it flooding

there were only horizontal boards, no frames were found

They are probably drilling into the hulls of stacked ships buried on the island. np:cat:

What wooden platforms?

What cipher stone?

What was truly on the cipher stone?

Where was the original hole?

Whoops. I did it again. Also, I need to get caught up on this new season. It sounds more interesting than the last one.

What wooden platforms?

The ones every ten feet

What cipher stone?

The one taken to the Halifax university to be studied by the professor who made the original mistake of translating to english. He wouldnt have risked his career on a hunch of a treasure and a cut of the take.

What was truly on the cipher stone?

What Cypher Stone? Its all a hoax right?

Where was the original hole?

Why, you trying to get your rocks off?

Whoops. I did it again. Also, I need to get caught up on this new season. It sounds more interesting than the last one.

The disbelief posted here about someone elses discoveries or fails, is like everyone watching tv together and were all yelling and telling the girl in the scary movie "Dont Go In There !"

....of course she is going to go in there and get murdered, its a horror flic

Epic questions need Epic answers

Last edited:
I have compelling new evidence that it is in fact Jimmy Hoffa that is buried there .......

The first three wooden platforms were described by McGinnis's friend Vaughn as late as 1856 describing what in 1795 as teenagers they had given up digging in, and the evidence was by then long gone. May have been platforms, may have been logs randomly spaced in silt. I do wonder how much "embellishment" was created for property sales between the various owners over time. Anyone who has ever bought a home or property know the description often doesn't match the property. "Even spaced timbers in a shaft" sells better than "slogging wet mud hole with some spongy logs" ;-)

Later findings were revealed only when organized treasure hunters came up empty and were looking for additional funding. "We found bits of wood, coconut fiber, metal bits", etc. Some sat the shaft was square, some round.

At this point I don't know if it's possible to back up to first-hand accounts of what was actually found vs. the word-of-mouth that has been gathered around the legend.

The disbelief posted here about someone elses discoveries or fails, is like everyone watching tv together and were all yelling and telling the girl in the scary movie "Dont Go In There !"

....of course she is going to go in there and get murdered, its a horror flic

Epic questions need Epic answers

I'll ask again, since you did not answer.

What wooden platforms? (Where are they now? Where were they then? Where is there any proof that they ever existed?)

What cipher stone? (Where is it now? Where was it then? Where is there any proof that it ever existed?)

What was truly on the cipher stone? (No one alive has seen it, and there are no photographs. You seem to be quite sure that there's no confusion about who translated it and how they got the cipher. How sure are you? As problematical as the cipher itself is, my issues are with where it came from and how it was translated...not with the stone itself, although there are obviously some issues there too.)

Where was the original hole? No amplifier is needed here, as it's a very simple question. Where was it? And if no one knows, how do we know that someone is digging in the correct place? These questions are admittedly rhetorical, but they need to be asked.

Epic questions do indeed require epic answers. I saw nothing epic on either side of this conversation. What I did see were simple questions that could be answered by minutes' worth of research, and responses that did not adequately answer those questions.

I'll ask again, since you did not answer.

What wooden platforms? (Where are they now? Where were they then? Where is there any proof that they ever existed?)

What cipher stone? (Where is it now? Where was it then? Where is there any proof that it ever existed?)

What was truly on the cipher stone? (No one alive has seen it, and there are no photographs. You seem to be quite sure that there's no confusion about who translated it and how they got the cipher. How sure are you? As problematical as the cipher itself is, my issues are with where it came from and how it was translated...not with the stone itself, although there are obviously some issues there too.)

Where was the original hole? No amplifier is needed here, as it's a very simple question. Where was it? And if no one knows, how do we know that someone is digging in the correct place? These questions are admittedly rhetorical, but they need to be asked.

Epic questions do indeed require epic answers. I saw nothing epic on either side of this conversation. What I did see were simple questions that could be answered by minutes' worth of research, and responses that did not adequately answer those questions.

Why do you expect answers to rhetorical questions?

Why do you expect answers to rhetorical questions?

Cause Rishar demands an answer now or its a hoax

Rishar must be appeased or else you will be a liar and a fool in the Great Rishar's eyes

Why is this so easy for me to believe its not on the island?

Cause I hold info about a second location "some leagues away", and dont need to argue about what the rest of the looped thoughts about this treasure inspire,

just saying wouldnt it be better to find a reason elsewhere to claim the island is a distraction, then trying to shoot down all theories posted about the island itself?

why is it that nobody is willing to accept that there are more clues on the island, and that the Roman Numeral V found carved on the coffer dam was clue #5 of a larger picture??

I have presented my theory and have no other choice but to publish the finds to generate some interest in the actual retrieval of these goods within the next century LOL

Too many doubters and playa haters in the game......LOL

@charlie

I can see the ease at which the telephone game can be played in this find.

But you saiid it yourself, they only went down three levels

If I am not mistaken, the following digs led by the Onslow Company were the digging company after the McGinnis crew.

They made a clear documentation of the wood levels continuing, and also they found the stone, sending it to the Halifax professor to decipher.

What is clear is that whatever wood was discovered every 10 feet was further confirmed with numerous witnesses along the course of their dig.

The next company, the Truro Co, even had a worker pocket an item, leave the island, and then return to the Province with backers to try to buy the lot, and secure a permit to dig this all up himself,

Whatever he found was enough for him to jump ship and get into business for himself, and try to gig jump the others out of their ownership of the hole.......

Here's the best timeline with facts that can be verified and references of materials. Some of the finds have been hyped a little after the fact, using the language of the times, but the evidence can all be verified

Chronology of the Oak Island Treasure Hunt

Last edited:
The show is a huge bunch of bull. I agree... I only watched part of 1 episode and had to quit... too much theatrical made up stuff just for TV. I cant believe people keep watching it. I have a bridge for sale too if any of you watchers are interested? Big smile... :)

I don't know if there is any treasure on Oak Island or not....but newsflash, neither do ANY of you guys. Shouldn't a treasure hunter be an optimist by definition? Why on earth would anyone spend this amount of time trying to prove that a treasure is NOT there? Wouldn't your time be better spent trying to find one that you believe IS there? I just don't get it, yes it is TV and the producers think it needs a deadly curse and a holy grail to be interesting enough to get viewers but that doesn't mean none of the history is valid. At the end of the day, you have hundreds of people spanning several hundred years all telling the same story, were they all liars just looking for investment? Maybe, maybe not...we don't truly know. The spirit of this forum should be trying to find out FOR SURE - theories only get you so far, at some point you are going to need a shovel....a BIG one in this case. :-)

Why can't we just accept that there is evidence to suggest that something might be there, and applaud their efforts for trying to get to the bottom of it (pun intended)? I wonder what you are doing on a treasure hunting forum if your mind works any other way. To me, a pessimistic treasure hunter is like a golfer who doesn't believe there is a hole on the green...why the heck would he even tee off?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back