Jun 15, 2013
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit a park today that I first hunted 35 years ago. Used to find a lot of Indians and silver there, especially Barber. Haven't found an Indian there in years. After 2 hours and only a couple of wheaties I decided to venture in to a really difficult area to detect. Lot of brush, weeds, downed trees and poison ivy up to your knees. Ended up pulling my first seated out of this park, a, 1873 seated dime with arrows. Also came up with a couple of Indians. Looks like I have a whole new area to hunt.

20160516_172033-1.jpg. 20160516_215340-1.jpg

Upvote 16
Very nice seated. Like those Indians. Look like your going to spend some time in the "Jungle". Good luck!!!!!

Sweet,,
You ever think about selling Vacuum Cleaners??
You sure seem to know how to use one. lol
Congrats

Congrats. Poison Ivy likes me so I avoid hunting the thick stuff but sometimes thats what it takes. I also found an 1873 dime earlier this year:thumbsup:

Sounds like you've found a new get away, Goog Luck with seated six.

Good job on hard earned finds. I'd say it was worth it!

Sweet dime /Indians. Way to stick out the elements.

Sounds like a tough area to hunt but if I was pulling things like that I'd keep going back until it was all gone. Keep at it Don.

It's been a Looonng time since I found seated. Keep goin'. Hogge

Congrats on finding a promising area to hunt in the park and for digging those 3 keepers. Those areas that are difficult to detect normally keep the novice and others away. I look forward to your future finds from there.

Very nice looking Seated dime. I'll bet your just "itching" to get back to that site.

Great sweeeet silver !!!! Finding seated is an awesome achievement !!! Congrats Don !
HH

By the way don't tell Against The Wind where you found that !!

I am..... He's on your turf ! LOL

nice finds! the seated eludes my coil.

Congrats! Now, it's time to clear the brush!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back