SEATED AND SEATED LOVE TOKEN!

SeatedorBust

Nov 5, 2011
Carthage, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/ SunRay Probe Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry there's no pics yet... broke my camera. :'( But I'll get them on here soon. Went detecting all day yesterday with my hunting buddies..... and right out of the gate both of them had two silver each! I hunted hard for 6 hours And didn't even have one wheatie for my efforts! But I'm not one for giving up! So i move out closer to the street where It's really noisy and start hunting.... the first signal i get sounds like a wheat at about 4 inches. (keep in mind that we've been digging clad at 6 to 7 inches all day) So i decide to dig it cause I'm in a new area.... and there's a little silver disc staring back at me! And it was an 1852 Seated dime! Then it was on. Over the next two hours I dug three more silver (two mercs and a rosie 1918 D 1943 D and 1961 D) And 17 wheats! I also dug a really nice 1909 dog tax tag #153 with the name of the town I found it in on it. ;D So then the last good signal I got was around 7 inches down and turned out to be an 1853 W-Arrows Seated Dime! But it was damaged on the face... and a little larger than a dime ??? So I flip it over and realize it's a "love token" and the engraving is the Masonic Symbol's of the square and compass! I was very excited since this is my first one ever in over 30 years of hunting!! So ended the day with 5 silvers... Moral? No matter how bad it gets KEEP SWINGIN!

Upvote 0
I've got a few seated's but no Love Token's....yet! Can't wait to see the pic's :icon_thumright:

Great hunt,glad I was there to see it,of course I was there for the Morgan dollar,the Walking half from a pounded area,the Seated quarter,and the other Seateds,{is seateds a proper word? },.We gotta get back out there!

Common Cents said:
Great hunt,glad I was there to see it,of course I was there for the Morgan dollar,the Walking half from a pounded area,the Seated quarter,and the other Seateds,{is seateds a proper word? },.We gotta get back out there!
YES!! lol! "seateds" is a word in MY book!! :laughing7: Thanks for the props brother!! But remember I was there for your Large Cent...... your Seated Quarter..... your RARE Barber Quarter.... And Semi Key Date Walking Half.... lol... and and and..... shall I go on?? :laughing7: :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back