What's new

Second day better than the first! With pics!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2009
Messages
9,692
Reaction score
9,213
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made it back out to the beach on Sunday as I planned. I never thought I could have topped find silver and gold both on the same day from this beach, but it happened!

I managed to find an 18 gram gold ring along with another silver ring. I also dug pounds of tabs, aluminum scrap, and other junk but it was worth it. As nice as it was to find this honker of a ring, it's a current year school ring with a full name, so it will be going back to it's owner.

I hope to have the video posted on YouTube tomorrow.

Here are the pics of the gold!
 

Attachments

  • ring2.webp
    ring2.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 381
  • class2.webp
    class2.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
Nice rings Jason! Good on you for returning that class ring. I returned one last year with a scrap value around $450 (at gold prices a year ago), and believe me, the difference it made in the life of the person who lost it (in my case over 30 years ago), far outweighed the difference an extra $450 in my pocket would have made in my life.

Jim
 
WOW!!!
 

Attachments

  • parrots.webp
    parrots.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 358
LOL, thanks Lorrain that's a great pic!

I called the school and descibed the situation for them and left my name and number. A couple hours later the kids mother called me, and the boy described the ring perfectly. Turns out the ring was lost in May of 2010, just a week after getting it. The boy had saved his money for a while to buy the ring and spent 2 days in the lake trying to find it after it fell off.

Tomorrow it's going in the mail, back to a very thankful highschool senior.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom