Second run gold

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing like recycling,one day i'll finally get the micro-gold out of my 55-gal of black sand.there is always gold left.

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, I use a gold wheel after I have panned. Always find some in the black sand and the lighter sands!!

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi guys, Yes I too have buckets full off black sand cons. I want to put the lot into a concrete mixer or something similar to give them a good tumble & crushing to free up any scale & other impurities etc. Then re-process. I am a fan of the blue blowl for the fines but it is all very time consuming. Trouble is the more you leave it the more the cons build up. I have played with mercury but dont like going down that avenue & I get a lot of "stick" from people for using it. I always wonder how much gold is in the cons & know there always is some there. One day I will get around to it......But I am off up the river again today to add to my black sand cons. Thats the easy & most enjoyable part.

Here are some pics of a day up the river.

Pre classifying through my sieve bucket for the small sluice to cope with
operatingsluicebox012.jpg

Ready to run the preclassified material through the box
operatingsluicebox002.jpg

operatingsluicebox003.jpg

Clean up
operatingsluicebox016.jpg

Washing out the carpet
operatingsluicebox017.jpg

End result
operatingsluicebox020.jpg

operatingsluicebox021.jpg

Happy golding

JW

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rick is that the new rubber matting that Rob got in???I want some but it is a little pricey!I have around seven or eight five gallon buckets of once over black sand I am going to have Kevin play with this winter(if he stays at Robs now we cant dredge)

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
Hey Rick is that the new rubber matting that Rob got in???I want some but it is a little pricey!I have around seven or eight five gallon buckets of once over black sand I am going to have Kevin play with this winter(if he stays at Robs now we cant dredge)

Kuger,
Yes it is the new stuff. It has visible riffle action so you can watch the black sands agitate and the gold just burrow in to the deep V in the mat. I run the cons through the new stuff and then put a second gutter sluice with lower grooves right behind it. The second sluice is at less of an angle, thus slower flow, and it picks up the really fine stuff that has passed through the first sluice.
Let me know when you are free to do some detecting or highbanking (now that we have to use the dredges for paperweights).
Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread