What's new

Seems like a lot of is keeping your eyes open

Melissa Archibald

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
60
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a lot is keeping your eyes open

It seems like a lot of detecting is just keeping your eye's open and knowing where you are, I went out deeper in the desert here and walked further than I thought and misplaced my car :) but most the objects I found I found through my eyes. If its gold your detecting knowing how and where gold forms would seem to be a big help.
 
Last edited:
Keeping your eyes open....shoot ya,I spied a 14K Crucifix and Silver rings while listening for them tones.....always be aware of what's going on around you.....where ever you are!!!

No desert around here...a LOT of woods though,right now it's 33-with 3 1/2 inches of icy snow...want some?:laughing7:


GOD Bless

Chris
 
I'd say sure send some snow but it's 80 outside.
 
We got lucky this end of MA, less than an inch and Sunday will be in the 50's! Hopefully that will put nice large halos around the deeper targets!
 
How does rain effect MDing? does it play with the signal?
 
Melissa - Water is a conductor, therefore; when using an electrical pulse to search for metallic objects, the signal will be enhanced and or give it more range. In my personal experiences, I have found deeper targets right after a good rain. Now, metal detecting actually "in the rain" is a drag - so wait till it stops!
 
Instead of Singing in the rain you can rename it to Detecting in the rain :)
 
eyes open? Yuuuuuuuup!
 
If you are detecting in the desert, I'll relay a story from years ago. I had the Texas Tech van and saw a guy MD'ing in the desert outside Phoenix. Following old dry creekbeds and finding nuggets. Many of them. Guess he talked to me because of the van(grad student working summers), but he opened up about finding stuff downstream from the mountains and hills. Told me north of the city and east was the best. I went back to Texas, but never forgot that bag of gold he showed me. If it works there, it might work anywhere...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom