Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until I start painting full time on Monday, that is. ::) Oh well summer's always awesome. Today me and Mirage headed out to a park that we've recently discovered that has been producing pretty well for around here. A few weeks ago Mirage found a walker with a few other silver in the same hole in this area. Well today I found a spill of a merc, a roosie, and the washington in the same hole. That was pretty neat. Then not long after, I dug and plucked a wheat from my plug and looked in the hole to see another wheat sitting there. I chopped the dirt around a bit and got another few wheats, and then the 1939 nickel, then a few MORE wheats, and i hear one more signal in there with my probe, and by now I know to expect it to be another wheat ::) but avast it was merc 8).

hunt2A-1.jpg

hunt2B.jpg

Then we were trying to locate another site, but on the way we spotted an old abandoned school which we investigated for a few minutes. Only a little surface clad; it was prolly hit at some point. So we moved on and found one of the places Mirage was looking for. Started finding a few wheats; three were from the same spill. After a few more minutes, got a banging hit at only maybe 4 inches...turned out to be the barber. NICE. Was NOT expecting that. Only spent about 20 minutes here...so there's a nice new spot to in mind.

hunt3A-1.jpg

hunt3B-1.jpg

And I'll throw these pics up too. I killed an hour yesterday at the local hammered park (THE hammered park in this area, lol) and first target was the sterling silver thimble. It's pretty neat looking; has a few marks/initials on it.

hunt1A-1.jpg

hunt1B.jpg

hunt1C.jpg

Arite take care yall 8)

Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Yeah Nate! Keep on hunting! I bet your glad that your semster is over. For us Bellevue community college doesnt get out until June 16th. Then im hunting with JuJu all summer long. Anyways, Very nice job on the silver Man! :)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,
Glad to see you and Old Bob got out to detect. I started thinking he was retired and just sitting around polishing his moon rocks. :tongue3: ;D
Congrats on the finds buddy. Keep busy detecting and stay out of trouble while you are out. I still remember when you were just starting college. Time flies.
Have a great weekend,
MM

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Nice looking finds Nate, sounds like you have a good spot, I wish we had some around here that would produce like that.

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Nate,
Glad to see you and Old Bob got out to detect. I started thinking he was retired and just sitting around polishing his moon rocks. :tongue3: ;D
Congrats on the finds buddy. Keep busy detecting and stay out of trouble while you are out. I still remember when you were just starting college. Time flies.
Have a great weekend,
MM

Thanks MM; I will. It does fly. It seems like the years go by faster and faster the older I get. It's exciting but sometimes it's a little too fast.

Appreciate the comments guys.

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
Yeah Nate! Keep on hunting! I bet your glad that your semster is over. For us Bellevue community college doesnt get out until June 16th. Then im hunting with JuJu all summer long. Anyways, Very nice job on the silver Man! :)

By the way that stinks to be in school for so long; at least it'd seem like eternity over here, with all of my friends getting out a week before I did. I hope it ends well for you. At least you have a fun summer ahead of you!

And thanks Bob S! 8)

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Awesome hunt, Nate!!

Love the silver thimble. I'm still looking for one!

Congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Nate, keep it up man! 8)

Steve

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Really nice finds Nate! I love that thimble and the Barber quarter is sooooo sweeeeeeet :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions