What's new

Sending a coin out to be graded ANACS?

lawsonland

Full Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
225
Reaction score
295
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone sent a coin to ANACS to be graded?
 
Years ago, I sent a 1916d Mercury Dime to ANACS to be graded. It came back MS60.
I ended up selling it to a high end coin dealer in NYC.
He had some doubts about the Grade.
I would eventually find out that, had the coin been graded by
PCGS,, the grade would have been Gospel.
If you have a coin you think is worth grading, I would suggest you talk to a reputable coin dealer and have it sent to PCGS.
 
Make sure you aren't wasting your money. What is the coin and why do you think it should be slabbed?
 
I recommend CSGS, and find out what your coins are worth, because the grading may be more then the coins are worth. Then, sell your treasures through a coin auction. Good hunting and good luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom